Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Battery Lead Wire Length (ft.):||1.5|
|Cable Length (ft):||4.5|
|Cord Length (ft.):||6|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||3|
|Number of Charging Banks:||1|
|Automatic Shut Off:||Yes|
|Charger Type:||Battery Tender|
|General Warranty:||10 year limited|
|Reverse Polarity Protection:||Yes|
|Battery Charger Input Voltage (V):||120|
Ratings & Reviews
Charge And Maintain Your Batteries Well With The Plus 12V Battery Charger and Maintainer
If you've heard of the potential damaging effects of using trickle chargers, switch to the Battery Tender Plus Charger for 12V batteries. This is a 1.25 amp automatic battery charger designed to gently charge a battery up to full strength and then switch to maintenance mode, keeping it at its proper storage voltage. Although it charges at 1.25 amp, its manufacturer guarantees that it will charge as fast or quicker than any 3 amp charger.
This 12V Battery Charger and Maintainer is incredibly compact and can be easily carried or packed for travel. A quick connect harness is included for hard to reach areas, making it possible to charge a wide variety of vehicles and equipment. Safety features include Reverse Polarity Protection, and unlike most chargers, the Plus charger does not draw current when the AC supply is turned off.
- The Battery Tender Plus Charger fully charges 12V batteries to full strength, automatically switching to maintenance mode after
- Complete 4-step charging program (Initialization, Bulk Charge, Absorption Mode, Float Mode).
- Avoids the damaging effects of trickle chargers
- Temperature compensated to ensure optimum charge voltage according to ambient temperature.
- Battery Tender at 1.25 amps will charge as fast or faster than any 3 amp charger available.
- Reverse Polarity Protection to ensure user safety.
- 10 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on August 12, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I have used a couple of other brands and I think this is the best tender.
I use this battery tender on a 2005 BMW that is not driven often enough to keep the battery charged.
I used a diehard battery maintainer that actually was discharging the car battery, I then put it on the motorcycle and it worked fine.
I had a Schumacher battery maintainer that I bought at ******* and when I got back home from a three week trip the car battery was completely dead.
I bought the battery tender first and it was good but die hard I liked much better it charges at 2amps then goes into maintainer mod battery tender charges at 1.25amps
Atlantic Beach, FL
Beaver Falls, PA
I have two of these units?the first maintains the lawnmower battery and the second a summer only car. You cannot go wrong with this unit as it?s designed to recharge, top-off and maintain during inconsistent use of the battery.
This is a great little charger. It's very portable and does not take up much space at all. I use it to keep my ATV charged at all times and have not had any issues whatsoever with this unit.
Fort Wayne, IN
Charger worked fine on first use, but died the second time around. Returned to store, spoke with a friendly, smiling customer service rep, received a no-hassle full refund which I immediately applied toward a larger unit. Great customer service like this is why I keep coming back to the Big K (And go out of my way to avoid the Big W).
NO MORE FRANTIC CALLS TO AAA! REPLACED BATTERY SEVERAL TIMES IN MY OLDER CAR -- SERVICE TECHS WERE UNABLE TO DETERMINE WHAT WAS CAUSING IT TO DRAIN WHEN NOT USED FOR 2-3 DAYS. THIS WAS THE SOLUTION.
Sunrise Beach, MO
I own two of these battery chargers/tenders, and they work fine. The "pigtails" are easy to install, and one doesn't have to worry about overcharging batteries. I use one on my motorcycle and another for my boat during the off-season.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 01-Nov-2014 See details.
- Extra 5% off Tires, Batteries & Auto Accessories sold by Sears! Reflected in price shown. Offer ends 23-Oct-2014 See details.
- Save Extra 5% on items over $299 OR select 12 months 0% financing with your Sears Card. Offer ends 23-Oct-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Save $20 on your $200 order of automotive products Sold by Sears. Use code 20BUCKS Offer ends 23-Oct-2014 See details.