Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||39.75|
|Marking Text Size:||Standard|
|Number of Tools:||250|
|Material:||Tools are alloy steel, case is plastic|
|Units Type:||SAE and Metric|
|Included with Item:|
|Number of Adapters:||1|
|Number of Bits:||22|
|Number of Drive Tools:||1|
|Number of Extensions:||4|
|Number of Hex Keys:||40|
|Number of Quick Release Ratchets:||3|
|Number of Sockets:||149|
|Number of Wrenches:||30|
|Drive Socket Depth:||Deep and standard|
|Socket Points:||6, 8 & 12|
Ratings & Reviews
250-Pc. Mechanics Tools Set With 3 Drawer Case Keeps You Geared Up
Whether you're a pro or a serious hobbyist, the Craftsman 250-pc. mechanics tools set with 3-drawer case gives you a great start on stocking your inventory, as well as a way to keep it all organized. The set comes with three drive sizes, plus 3- and 6-inch extension bars and a quick-release ratchet. Metric and standard sockets come in shallow and depth lengths.
The 250-pc. mechanics tools set with 3-drawer case also includes 20 combination wrenches and an ignition wrench set. There's a magnetic handle, screwdriver bits and hex keys, too. The carrying case includes space on top for additional tools.
- The Craftsman 250-pc. mechanics tools set with 3-drawer case probably won't be the last tools set you'll ever need, but with a wealth of sizes in both standard and metric, it will get you off to a fantastic start
- The set includes a plastic carrying case and alloy steel tools:
- 11 - 1/4" drive 6pt inch sockets
- 12 - 1/4" drive 6pt metric sockets
- 10 - 1/4" drive 12pt inch sockets
- 10 - 1/4" drive 6pt inch deep sockets
- 11 - 1/4" drive 6pt metric deep sockets
- 1 - 1/4" drive quick release ratchet
- 1 - 1/4" drive 3-inch extension bar
- 11 - 3/8" drive 6pt inch sockets
- 17 - 3/8" drive 6pt metric sockets
- 5 - 3/8" drive 8pt inch sockets
- 10 - 3/8" drive 12pt inch sockets
- 12 - 3/8" drive 12pt metric sockets
- 7 - 3/8" drive 6pt inch deep sockets
- 9 - 3/8" drive 6pt metric deep sockets
- 1 - 3/8" drive quick release ratchet
- 2 - 3/8" drive extension bars (3, 6-inch)
- 1 - 3/8" drive adapter 1/4-inch
- 2 - 3/8" drive spark plug sockets
- 10 - 1/2" drive 12pt inch sockets
- 12 - 1/2" drive 12pt metric sockets
- 1 - 1/2" drive quick release ratchet
- 1 - 1/2" drive 3-inch extension bar
- 20 combination wrenches (10 inch, 10 metric)
- 10-inch combination ignition wrenches
- 1 - magnetic bit handle
- 10 - screwdriver bits
- 10 - nut driver bits
- 40 hex keys in inch and metric
Added on June 13, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
this was purchased for my son to start his schooling in April of 2015. it apprears to be the best deal due to the fact that it has all the tools he will need in one place. i love the fact that the drawers have a place for the tools to click into, a place for everything and everything in it's place is a good motto to have.
Oklahoma City, OK
If nuts and bolts are involved this 250 piece tool set in a easy to keep organized box provides everything you need to get the job done quickly without looking for tools. At about 50 cents per Craftsman tool it is a real value. So you are not surprised as I was beware the tools come in plastic bags. It takes 1/2 an hour to put them in the drawers, it helps keep the price low so no complaint from me. I was not missing any tools..
North Highlands, CA
I bought this set a few years ago when it was on sale for fathers day. Its one of the few tool sets from craftsman still made in the usa. before this set i mainly bought and dealt with no name china tools that constantly broke or bent. I cant count how many times ive used the tools in this set and havent had 1 tool break on me yet. Some people argue that the set comes with small insignificant pieces that are fillers and are not needed, let me tell you that when the day comes that you need that little insignificant piece you will be **** sure you have it! awesome set, I wish it had bigger wrench sizes but those i have bought over time. Cudos to craftsman for still making a genuine craftsman strong tool set. The tool case itself is great but i wish it had a way to install a pad lock to prevent thieving hands lol! If i had to id buy this set again in a heartbeat.
Read reviews and expected missing pieces but everything was there and fits comfortably into the toolbox provided. My 23 yo son is very happy with his birthday present!
Recently purchased a set of these for my personal use and found them to be USA MADE which is getting rare for Craftsman tools today.....The set has just about all the tools an average novice mechanic will need......Being satisfied with set and the clearance price on the set I purchased 3 more set for Christmas presents for my sons and grandson.... One thing that is very important to too and to totally inventory the set because you will have a tool or two missing.....I experience this in three of the four sets I purchased.....Unlike some negative feedback's given, I found customer service very helpful to correct the shortage....They gave me the phone number of the supplier (the USA MAKER of Craftsman tools) and they shipped me the missing tools quickly....Like previous reviews, the plastic box is junk but all the tools are USA MADE..........I gave the set a rating of 9 out of 10.......
This USA made tool set offers a great selection of 1/4 and 3/8 drive SAE and metric standard and deep sockets, as well as a good selection of 12 pt 1/2 drive standard depth SAE and metric sockets. It also includes a very useful selection of SAE and metric raised panel wrenches. The chrome finish on the tools is excellent, and my set arrived within two days of ordering. No missing or incorrect pieces. A great set, and I have recommended it to several friends.
Great set of tools. Great quality and since i got it on sale it was at a cheap proce. The box is sturdy and no tools were missing.my husband loved it. He uses it frequently
Central Falls, RI
I would recommend this set to anyone that does any work on cars as this set has everything you would need for most jobs, it's a steal at $140 and best of all it's one of the last made in usa sets you will find from craftsman as now all there new product is made in china.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.