Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Blade Diameter (in.):||8 in.|
|Arbor Size:||5/8 in.|
|Dado Type:||Conventional (Stack)|
|Maximum Cutting Depth (in.):||2.5|
|Materials & Finish:|
|Material:||Chipper Sizes: (4) 1/8", (1) 1/16", (1) 3/32|
Ratings & Reviews
8-In Stacked Dado Set Lets You Build Bookshelves And More
Whenever you need a super-strong join in virtually any wood, the Craftsman 8-in stacked dado set allows you to create uniform grooves in minutes with your circular saw. Create fastener-free joins for bookshelves, dresser drawers, window frames and more with this combination of cutter and wood chippers. You can cut grooves up to 2.5-inches deep with a variety of chipper size options, allowing you to build incredible strength into your projects with professional results.
The steel alloy construction of this 8-in stacked dado set ensures that it will last for a long time to come with minimal maintenance. Quality materials help keep an edge while working through a wide range of wood density to reduce the chances of chipping and splitting. Aggressive cutter creates precision grooves while working against kickback. Use this stacked set with any Craftsman circular saw, or it's compatible with most other standard circular saws.
- Cut grooves up to 2.5 inches deep with the Craftsman 8-in stacked dado set for a wide range of woodworking applications
- Ideal for making bookshelves, drawers, or other areas that require a strong join with few or no fasteners
- Change the depth and width of your grooves with multiple chippers, including four 1/8" blades and one each of 1/16" and 3/32"
- Works with most standard circular saws, and designed for seamless performance when used with a Craftsman circular saw
- Create flat-bottomed grooves for a professional, consistent finish that's perfect for furniture-making or framing applications
- Steel alloy construction works with virtually any density of wood with minimal maintenance
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 03, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Overall Rating Breakdown:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
I am retired now but have used a Craftsman adjustable dado for nearly 40 years and have had good use out of it. Recently I obligated myself to build a set of cabinets which consist of 25 separate components for a new house of a friend and decided to get this 8 inch stacked dado set to see if it would help speed up the set-up time. I was amazed at not only the quickness of the set-up, but also by the smooth cuts it made for my dados and was equally impressed by the tendon cuts for my mortise and tendon face frames. Why didn't I buy this thing sooner......If I couldn't replace it with another one, I wouldn't take ten times the price I paid for it.
7500 sq foot shop and 6 wood working employees making custom furniture, we use dado cutters a lot! I bought some of these to replace some well worn forest sets. I don't see the difference and my cabinet guy seconds the opinion, we have a radial arm that is dedicated with the dado set, so it's an important tool for us. For the money you can't go wrong.
Fall River, MA
It is the same kit as the Yellow brand, but costs less!. The only difference is the printing, and oddly enough the max RPM specs. This kit includes the magical 3/32nd chipper. This gives you the ability to snugly fit odd sized plywood. It also has 4 tooth chippers providing a much better, almost flawless finish. This kit matches what you would get for stacked dado kits over 200.00 dollars. I would highly recommend this kit for the beginner all the way to the expert craftsman.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 15% off select tools Sold by Sears. Offer ends 07-Dec-2013 See details.
- Plus, members get $10 back in points with any tool purchase over $20, sold by Sears. Offer ends 07-Dec-2013 See details.