Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||1.8|
|Accessory Type:||Flex handles|
|General Warranty:||Guaranteed forever|
|Material:||Chrome vanadium steel|
|Drive Size:||1/2 in.|
Ratings & Reviews
1/2 In. dr. 18 In. Flex Handle Takes Torque to a New Level
Featuring a rugged alloyed steel build and the flexibility of a swinging drive, this Craftsman 1/2 in. dr. 18 in. flex handle is designed to help you put serious muscle behind the wrench. Whether you’re tightening down engine mounts or trying to bust loose old seized lugs, this breaker bar multiplies your force to get things moving fast. Under the hood, in the house, or anywhere, this powerful tool helps you get the job done.
Built with positive stops at 45 degrees on both sides, this 1/2 in. dr. 18 in. flex handle transfers more energy to fasteners while eliminating the need to reinforce the back end for stability, so you can focus on busting through stubborn layers of rust. A solid addition to any kit, ditch the jerry-rigged extensions and get the performance of a tool that’s guaranteed to last you a lifetime.
- Craftsman 1/2 in. dr. 18 in. flex handle is comprised of tough alloyed steel
- Positive stop at 0 and 45 degrees add stability
- Smooth finish makes it easy to clean-up after the dirtiest jobs
- Flexible design delivers torque at multiple angles
- Works with any ½ in. drive socket
- Added length means added strength in every turn
- Guaranteed forever
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
You don't need a 'cheater bar' on your 3/8-in. drive ratchet, just pick up your 1/2-in. drive ratchet and be done with it! This is a torque monster and will break just about anything loose from lug nuts to alternator or head bolts!
I could never get by without this gem in my arsenal!
At 18 inches in length, this breaker bar is longer than the average half-inch breaker bar and provides excellent leverage. The extra length is a big advantage when loosening lug nuts, for example, that have been torqued too tightly by a mechanic.
I store one of these with a 6-point socket in each of three car trunks for use as a wheel lug wrench. I have also utilized them with 1/2" drive 6-point sockets for other tough tasks, such as removing engine head bolts.. The 1/2" x 18" breaker bar is a very good value, high utility tool. For greater leverage, I recommend a 1/2" x 24" or 30" breaker bar for bolts or nuts torqued to greater than 150 lbs-ft.
All I have to say is excellent it did the job and all my other bars snapped at the nipple was very angry went to sear and picked up this bad *** breaker bar and walla bolts out 8) very strong breaker bar
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Virginia Beach, VA
for just a couple dollars more you can get craftsman from sears instead of Pittsburgh from **************. I have put some serious stress on this and its held up where as my buddy bought one from HF where chome chipped off the first week and it broke under the strain. I always buy craftsmen when I can :)
Sun Prairie, WI
Works exactly as intended. The simplicity is somethign that is beginning to lack in hand tools. In todays world where Craftsman is trying to make more and more universal tools, it is refreshing to see some 'classic' designs that just work... and are uncomplicated. Too often these more complicated universal designs add bulk and movement that makes tools harder to use. Appreciate Craftsman leaving their breaker-bars alone.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! Get $5 back in Shop Your Way Points with a qualifying $50 Tool Purchase.Sold by Sears. Offer ends 28-Feb-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Diamond accent Heart Earrings for $29.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.