Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||2.0|
|Ratchet Drive Size:||1/2 in.|
|Ratchet Style:||Flex head|
|Quick Release System:||Yes|
Ratings & Reviews
1/2 In. Flex Head Teardrop Ratchet Takes Torque Where You Need It
Featuring a rock-solid build and a tightly toothed ratcheting mechanism the Craftsman 1/2 in. quick release ratchet delivers hard-turning action for decades. And built with a versatile flex end, it takes those tight turns to a variety of angles other ratchets just can’t hack. With the power of a 16 5/8 inch length, it gives you extra leverage for serious muscle behind every turn, so no matter where you’re working, you can get the job done right.
With a built-in quick release button and a thumb controlled directional switch, this 1/2 in. flex head teardrop ratchet swaps sizes and rotational directions fast. And built to last, it’s backed by the power of Craftsman’s Forever Guarantee so you can count on this torquey tool for a lifetime of hardworking service. Stock your shop with a flexible tool designed to deliver.
- 1/2 in. flex head teardrop ratchet features a tough, torque ready build
- One handed reverse button means you stay in contact with fasteners
- 10 degree ratcheting arc spins fasteners with little wiggle
- Teardrop shape allows better access in tight spots
- Flex end torques at dozens of angles
- Thumb activated quick release swaps sockets easily
- Guaranteed forever
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I bought this on sale and wasn't sure that I needed it; I was wrong! I actually used it as a breaker bar and it worked beautifully! I has some Shop Your Way points that were about to expire, so I purchased it. Very glad I did. I wouold recomment this product.
I have owned this ratchet for a little under a year now with very light use. I am a A&P mechanic and I work on the Bell 406 which is a relatively small helicopter. There are only a few things on it that require 1/2" drive tools. This ratchet has done a good job when I needed it. The most torque I have ever put on it is when loosening main rotor blade bolt nuts, which is somewhere around 800-900 in lbs. Anything higher in torque, I use my breaker bar. One of the biggest complaints I have with this ratchets is the notorious pin. Mine doesn't fall out like other people have complained about. But it will work its way out very quickly. Usually not a big deal, but annoying. The second complaint is that it needs more detents for more fixed angles other that just 3. And thirdly, the ratcheting could be more fine. A 10 degree arc is a lot of movement with a long handle. Other than that, it does what I need it to do when it need it to. Typical Chinese quality. Also people need to stop using it as a breaker bar and maybe this tool won't have as many 1-star reviews.
The extra length of this ratchet makes it ideal for applications requiring greater torque. There is very little play in the adjustable head regardless of which angle detent used. Overall, a very nice tool that is reasonably priced.
Finally broke down and got one of these. I have had it on my want list for a long time. Now it will be easier to break those larger nuts and bolts without having to use a cheater bar on the 3/8 drive.
North Las Vegas, NV
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 29-Nov-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.