Specifications & Dimensions
Ratings & Reviews
1/2-In. Mortising Router Bit Makes the Square Holes You Need with Your Existing Router
The Craftsman 1/2-in. mortising router bit is made with extremely durable materials, ensuring you have a long-lasting tool. Uniform grain carbide helps keep your bit from breaking, chipping and wearing down. High grade heat-treated alloy steel makes up the body of this bit. The shank is 1/4" long while the bit itself is 1/2" long.
A 1/2-in. mortising router bit is often exactly what you need to complete a woodworking project. Instead of creating round holes, doing scroll work, edging wood or carving out decorative designs, it cuts square or rectangle holes into your project, saving you a lot of chiseling. You will be able to use square hardware or use the cutouts for more creative uses, such as storing beads. It does not matter if you are sinking a mirror into a bureau top or attaching square legs to a stool, this bit will make your job easier.
- The Craftsman 1/2 in. mortising router bit chisels out square holes faster than a hand chisel
- This bit is 1/2" with a 1/4" shank
- The bit is made with uniform grade carbide that delivers a high level of durability
- Body is made with heat-treated alloy steel, which is also very strong and durable
- You will be able to cut square holes for projects such as furniture making and wooden storage containers
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Overall Rating Breakdown:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Saint Peters, MO
I personally would have thought that to make a good mortising bit it should have a 1/2 inch shank and not a quarter inch. Still, I am somewhat impressed by the performance of this bit. I was able to make several mortises in some pretty old walnut stock and there was no chatter or vibrations caused by a weak shank. Impressed by the $11 price tag as well!
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 05-Apr-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.