Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||1.44|
|Drive Size:||1/2 in.|
|General Warranty:||Guaranteed forever|
|Color/Finish:||Silver, polished finish|
|Quick Release System:||Yes|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman 1/2-Inch Thin Ratchet for Tight Spaces
Thin without sacrificing power, the Craftsman 1/2-inch thin profile ratchet gets into the hard-to-reach spaces. This versatile tool will deliver the drive, leverage and grasp you need. The quick-release lever speeds the up the task with easy access.
The drop forged ½-inch thin profile ratchet features a bright chrome finish that won't rust or corrode, and comes backed by Craftsman's Forever Guarantee. Additionally, this tool features fine-tooth ratcheting action with 6 degrees of swing for reliable use on a variety of jobs around the house and in the shop.
- Craftsman 1/2-inch thin ratchet features a low-profile design for better accessibility and working in tight spaces
- Provides fine-tooth ratcheting action
- Offers 6 degrees of swing
- Polished finish shines bright and is easy to clean
- Comes with Craftsman's famous lifetime warranty
- Quick-release button and reversing lever help you get the job done at top speed
- Thin design increases versatility without sacrificing dependability and strength
- Strong metal body provides torque and leverage with each turn
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I have owned several ratchets over the years from cheap to snap-on and I can say that this ratchet not only looks nicest, feels nice and works great!!
I loved the ratchets so much I replaced my 3/8 and 1/4 ratchets with the same thin profile. The great look and feel, along with the replacement guarantee and affordable cost makes this a no brainier. If you are really looking for a great ratchet that will last, then this is the one.
This is a very nice ratchet, comfortable to use. It is m@de in CHlNA though. My reviews keep getting reje cted for stating this.
I purchased one of these a couple of years ago. About the third or fourth time I used it the ratchet mechanism failed and would not engage at all. It just free wheeled. I exchanged it for another. The replacement saw a little bit more service but eventually suffered the same failure. Being in the middle of a job and pressed for time, I disassembled the ratchet. There were no broken parts, just the pin and pawl were out of alignment. I reassembled the unit and it worked ok for a while but eventually failed a second time. As before, the pawl and pin were out of place. The previous repair was repeated and the ratchet is working again. My tools are for home use and do not experience a lot of cycles or abuse. I have a 1/4" thin profile ratchet that I am very happy with but have no confidence in the 1/2" drive ratchet. If/when it fails again, it will be going back to Sears.
The handle design fits well into your hand. The ratcheting action is smooth and works well, The finish cleans up easily with a rag no matter how greasy you get it.
I finally decided to upgrade my 30 year old craftsman 1/2" ratchet. I just did a timing belt job on my Honda accord and the tight spaces inspired me to look for something new. The ratchet action is much more precise (higher tooth count), it provides about 3 or 4 mm more clearance for the socket, and the highly polished finish is nice. Length is about the same as my trusty original craftsman.
Ratchet feels great in your hand and is very confortable and has good weight to it. Did some wrenching on the fourwheeler and jeep and was very impressed with the ratchet
Glendale Heights, IL
North Arlington, NJ
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.