|Blade Length (in.):||70.5|
|Table Dimensions (LxW):||12-3/8 x 13-3/4 in.|
|Adjustable Height of Cut:||4.625|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||No|
|General Warranty:||1 year general warranty|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||66|
|Lock On Switch:||No|
|Maximum Blade Width (in.):||0.5|
|Maximum Width of Cut (in.):||9.625|
|Minimum Blade Width (in.):||0.125|
|Number of Speeds:||1|
|Number of Wheels:||2|
|Package Contents:||Bandsaw w/ blade installed. Fence, Table, Guide Rail, Upper Table Trunnion Assembly, Bag of Loose Parts, Bi Lingual Manual|
|Quick Release Blade:||No|
|Resaw Capacity (in.):||4.625|
|Saw Type:||Bench Top Band Saw|
|Circuit Amp Rating:||15 amps|
|Cord Length (ft.):||6|
|Cord Management:||Manual Wrap|
|Cord Type:||18 gauge|
|Blade Size (in.):||70.5|
|Blade Speed (SFPM):||2780|
|Guides & Instructions:|
|Table Height From Floor (in.):||39.875 (On Stand)|
|Table Material:||Cast iron|
|Table Tilt (Right and Left):||Left 0-45 deg.|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|New or Refurbished:||New|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman 10 Inch Band Saw: Smooth, Precise and Portable
This Craftsman Band Saw nimbly slices through soft and hard woods alike, allowing you to cut intricate details and smooth curves that other saws just can’t. From clever jig saw puzzles to ornate furnishings, this saw delivers control and an ultra precise, steady 2,780 foot per minute flow of razor sharp steel teeth giving you the best possible cut every time you flip this machine on. The perfect addition to any shop, it’s quick to adjust, featuring a tilt-able cast iron deck and movable fence for accurate cuts you can count on.
A great way to keep dust down at home, in the shop or at work, the Craftsman 10 Inch Band Saw hooks up to dozens of shop vacs for less mess and more work. Giving you precision cuts on the jobsite, this band saw packs light, fast and is always ready to roll. To ensure proper tensioning, it’s equipped with a pair of ultra-smooth rolling ball bearings that adjust easily, adding life to every blade. A solid addition to any job, this saw delivers control, precision and high quality work, at a price that pays for itself. Set it on your workbench, flip it on and get the job done right.
- Full kit includes: saw, rip fence and miter gauge
- The Craftsman Band Saw’s 3.5 Amp motor provides smooth, continuous muscle with 1/3 HP making it perfect for cutting both soft and hardwoods
- Open design delivers 4-5/8 in. maximum depth of cut at 90° and 9-5/8 in. throat depth
- Cutting table adjusts easily from 0–45 degrees for a variety of angled cuts
- Adjustable ball bearing blade guides deliver the perfect tension and support for long blade life
- 2,780 FPM blade rotations cuts plastic, wood and more leaving clean, smooth lines
- Dust collection port allows you to attach your wet/dry vac for dust reduction
- Some assembly required
- Warranty: 1 year general
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I have a 14 inch Delta band saw that I leave a 1/2 inch blade on for resawing. I was looking for a small band saw that I could leave set up with a narrower blade. This is identical to one produced under the Rikon name. I like the fact that it has a cast iron table, roller guides and a flex free steel frame. So far it has worked out very well for me, I would not consider it as a lone heavy duty machine, but for what I am using it for it is a really great machine.
Port Ludlow, WA
I needed a smaller bandsaw as I had to leave my big one behind this move. I found this little bandsaw and I'm so impressed with this little saw. It's relatively quiet and cuts great! I feel like it's a very good value for what it cost. Winner winner chicken dinner!
The wheels on this bandsaw are not in the same plane, so blade adjustments are a real pain in the rear. All they need is a new lower axle redesigned to move the wheel back by 0.1615" This is how far the bearing surfaces are out of line. If I had a good small lathe, I would get in the business of making the new part so the darn thing worked like it should. It wouldn't be that hard to fix this before they welded it. I wish I had found this out earlier so I could have returned it.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.