Specifications & Dimensions
|Dust Port Outside Diameter (in.):||2|
|Sander Belt Table Size (LxW):||5.5 x 7|
|Sander Belt Table Tilt (deg):||0 to 90 deg.|
|Sander Disc Diameter (in.):||6|
|Sander Disc Table Tilt (deg):||45|
|Table Dimensions (LxW):||5-1/2 x 7 in.|
|Cord Type:||18 gauge|
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||46.0|
|Package Contents:||Sander, table assembly, miter gauge, Dust Chute|
|Pad Size:||6 in.|
|Cord Length (ft.):||6|
|Sander Disc Speed RPM:||2200|
|Sander Speed (SFPM):||1100|
|Belt Tension:||Cam / Spring|
|Operating Position:||Horizontal or vertical|
|Table Tilt Range:||0-45 deg.|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
Ratings & Reviews
6'' Disc / 4" x 36" Belt Sander Delivers Precision Sanding to Your Shop
Fine shaping, smooth finishes and jobs well done start with solid tools like the Craftsman 1/3 hp bench top belt & disc sander. Whether you’re helping your little guy put together the fastest pinewood derby car in the scout troop, shaping a staircase full of balusters or adding just the right finish to a model, this sander gives you a rapid spinning disc, super straight belt and the power you need to get the job done right. An essential to any wood shop where quality counts, add this dependable tool to your arsenal, and get it done right.
This 6'' disc / 4" x 36" belt sander features a corrosion resistant aluminum work table that delivers accurate angle adjustment up to 45 degrees and includes a smooth sliding miter gauge for precision work you can count on. Equipped with simple tension adjustments, a wide 2 inch dust collection chute and an easy cleaning design, this versatile tool is simple to maintain, and always ready to deliver the perfect finish. With the stability of vibration dampening rubber feet fastened to a sturdy frame, and the quality build you can expect from Craftsman, this tool is a shop essential you can trust for life. Set it up on your bench and get to work.
- Craftsman 1/3 hp bench top disc sander uses a 4 x 36 In. belt and 6 in. disc
- Belt operates at 1100 FPM (operates vertically and horizontally and every angle in between)
- Disc rotates at 2200 RPM
- 45 degree tilting worktable delivers accurate sanding
- Universal cast aluminum worktable works with belt or disc
- Single sawdust collection chute with a 2-in. port connects with common shop vacs (not included)
- Easy to use belt tension controls for fast belt change on the go
- Belt and disc design gives you an extremely versatile sander
- Includes miter gauge for precise angle cuts
- Belt work stop for horizontal sanding
- Removable paddle switch provides added safety and security
- Sanding arm operates vertically or horizontally.
- Universal aluminum table works with belt or disc.
- Single dust collection port collects from both belt & disc.
- Locking rocker switch helps prevent unauthorized use.
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Very sturdy and a little heavy but great performance. Needed to drill 4 holes into the corners 1/4" to place lag bolts in to keep it on my bench top. it moves around a little but I use it quite a lot.
Los Lunas, NM
For a long time, I used this item in my woodworking shop. It did a great job using it every day to help build clocks, crosses, and other items. Even after the belt adjuster broke, I was still able to use the side sander for a lot of jobs and helped me to precision work. For the last 5 years, I haven't been able to use my woodworking shop because of heart and lung problems. I also purchased a drill press and a 10 " table saw which are still working well except other people are using them in my workshop. .
This is a light duty, hobby/home shop grinder. It is cheaply made with a small motor but that's why it doen't cost much. If the unit seems really underpowered or doesn't come up to speed, then something is likely binding, check it out and find the problem. If the motor stops when you try and use the unit, don't push so hard. My biggest complaint is that is comes with only one work table and I am too lazy to unbolt the work table and move it to the disk grinder and so I tend to only use the belt. One day I will make another table. I would recomend this unit for light use.
Standing outside Sears waiting for the store to open so I can return this piece of junk. In the first use couldn't even get the tool up to speed then after some loud clunking noise it started to work only to find pieces of plastic and a screw laying under the machine. The whole bottom smells like it was on fire. Craftsman tools have really lost something. They used to be top notch.
It's sad that everything is made of plastic these days. The machine works fine for now, but only time will tell. I just wished that these companies would go back to the old ways and start making quality products out of metal, not plastic. I guess it's the only way foreign countries and companies can make their profits off of us. It breaks my heart to know craftsman products such as these are mostly plastic now.
If you are looking at this model, please look elsewhere. Very weak motor and very cheap made. Actually thought I had ordered a 6 x 48 sander. Checked my records and I made a mistake. Not worth the hassele to return. MY ADVICE: DO NOT PURCHASE. Probably will purchase a larger belt sander
I ordered this sander on sale. It was my first bench belt sander. Even without any prior experience with this type of product I could tell right away it was poorly made. The base was constructed of sheet metal so that when you picked it up the edges of the sheet metal would dig into your hands. It was also loud and when I initially started it the belt was stuck so that it didn't come up to speed. I found out that the belt was angled too far down. If angled too far down the belt wouldn't even move with the motor on. It should have had a stop or something to prevent this. I ended up returning and bought a Grizzly with a cast iron base. The Grizzly is much better.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.