Craftsman 1/4 hp 120-volt 2.6 amp Portable Oscillating Spindle Sander (21500)Item# 00921500000 | Model# 21500
Specifications & Dimensions
|Height (in.):||Table: 14.5|
|Table Dimensions (LxW):||18 in. (diameter)|
|General Warranty:||1 year|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||57.5 lbs.|
|Package Contents:||Dust Collection|
|Table Material:||Cast iron|
Ratings & Reviews
1/4-HP 120-Volt 2.6-Amp Portable Oscillating Spindle Sander Sands With Exceptional Speed, Power And Force
The Craftsman 1/4-HP 120-volt 2.6-amp portable oscillating spindle sander features an extra-large, cast iron aluminum table that ensures stability even when working with large, heavy pieces of material. Whether you are sanding small components for a home construction project or you're sanding an extensive set of large pieces for a customer job at work, this Craftsman sander is a great option. You get the accurate angle sanding that you need for every job with simple, hassle free dust collection. With a quick clean up process, you can take the time and get the job done right.
The 1/4-HP 120-volt 2.6-amp portable oscillating spindle sander boasts a powerful direct drive induction motor. It features a thumb knob for seamless spindle changes, rubber foot pads to decrease vibration and a locking paddle switch to prevent unauthorized use. With an exhaust port underneath the table, you have the option to connect a wet / dry vac hose as needed.
- Get the powerful sander that you've always dreamed of owning for your workshop with the Craftsman 1/4-HP 120-volt 2.6-amp portable oscillating spindle sander
- Locking rocker and oscillating sander
- Abrasive sleeves included: 1/2 in., 3/4 in., 1 in., 1-1/2 in., 2 in., and 3 in. in diameter
- Abrasive drums included: 3/4 in., 1 in., 1-1/2 in., 2 in., and 3 in. in diameter
- Features a thumb knob, rubber ft. pads, locking paddle, and exhaust port
- Convenient on board storage for sleeves, drums, and inserts
- Table is 14-1/2 in. high and 18 in. in diameter
- Weighs 57-1/2 lbs.
- Includes a limited 1-year warranty
- Some assembly required
- Manual available online
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I've used mine maybe 10 times in the last few months. While working recently the motor seemed to freeze up with a humming noise. I verified that there were no jams, etc. I started doing some research and everything pointed to it needing a new capacitor. Guess what, it's no longer available and I'm not sure how to find a replacement. I need this tool but it's out of warranty and Sear's repair shop does not know how long it may take to repair this or what the cost will be. Very Disappointed. Any thoughts from anyone?
This sander is just what I was looking for. Love the way it is built and will be sturdy when I use it. Craftsman makes excellent products and I have a lot of their tools. Would recommend this if you need a great product.
Great sander for curved pieces. very sturdy and stays put while in use. Plenty of power for decorative trim work and 1" oak. Definitely recommend buying when its on sale...
Not had this a real long time, but the projects that I have used it on makes me wonder how I got along without it before. Very easy to switch out sanding sleeves and like the large cast work surface. I like the slots that hold all of the inserts and the sanding sleeves
I'd been using a 3/8 drill with sanding 1 1/2 inch mandrel. Then I used benchtop drill press with 2 inch long spindles. When I saw this in the store, only one they had, I grabbed it. It is a great little machine. You do need a tool stand for it & be sure to hook up your shop vac to the dust port. I've run it 3 hours today with no problems whatsoever.
All of the hardware is attached to the heavy duty top plate which is constructed our of cast metal. The rotation and oscillation is smooth. The base is plastic and hollow which does make it a little noisy. A little spray foam around the inside of the base helped improve the noise issue. For the money, this oscillating drum sander is a good value for the home work shop.
I just picked up the Craftsman Oscillating spindle sander about a month ago. I had read all of the reviews on Sears.com and decided that it would suit my needs. I set it up once I got home and gave it a try on some 3/4 inch thick clear pine and it quickly and quietly provided a smooth, snag free finish! The motor did not bog down at all and it made short work of the piece. As shown in the picture it comes with five drums, inserts and sleeves. A great deal at the normally advertised price, but even better when the one I picked up was marked down to $188.00. As always my Sears associate (Chuck) was very knowledgeable and helpful and made it a smooth transaction. Thanks Sears/Craftsman for another fine product.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get 2-Pack Decorative Pillows for $12.99, reg price $24.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get sentiment pillows for $9.99, reg price $24.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get watercolor animial decorative pillows for $7.99, reg price $19.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get Victoria Classics 650 Thread Count Sheet Set for $14.99 reg price $59.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 09-May-2015 See details.