|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Overall Dimensions:||7.9 in. L x 4.5 in. W x 6.3 in. H|
|General Warranty:||1 year|
|Included with Item:|
|Dust Bag Included:||Yes|
|Handle Type:||Palm grip|
|Cord Length (ft.):||8|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||2|
|Sheet Size:||1/4 Sheet|
Ratings & Reviews
The Craftsman Pad Sander Gives You Fast Dust-free Sanding
Get the Craftsman 1/4 Sheet Pad Sander for a satin smooth finish in minimum time. This electric sander gives you 14,000 Orbits Per Minute so you can finish the job fast. A polyester felt pad uses simple to apply pressure-sensitive adhesive backed sandpaper. The sealed slide switch is well located and easy to use and the sturdy motor is sealed against dust for longer life. Get the job done right with this tough Craftsman pad sander.
The Craftsman Pad Sander has a comfortable grip handle and extended service ball bearings that let you smooth your project in greater comfort. The pressure sensitive sanding pads are designed so that changing your sanding sheets is easy, and a variety of sheets are included. The 17+ square inch sanding surface makes short work of the job, while an eight-foot cord gives you extra maneuvering room. The sander also comes with a removable dust bag for confinement and easy disposal of sanding dust.
- The Craftsman 1/4 Sheet Pad Sander gives you fast and thorough sanding
- You get smooth operation with extended service ball bearings
- The 8 foot cord gives you freedom of motion on large sanding jobs-you move the sander, instead of the project
- The sealed slide switch is conveniently located for total control
- The palm grip handle is designed for comfort and efficiency
- Sander also comes with a removable dust bag for easy dust management
- Alternatively, easily connect to a 1-1/4 inch vacuum hose and never deal with dust
- Craftsman pad sander comes with dust bag, sanding sheets, hole punch and hole punch for applying pads
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
this craftsman 1/4in sheet sander is very well built in quality and it has been very durable this sander has many features for its price i have owned my craftsman sander for about 1 1/2 yrs this sander is very durable and reliable it gets used on average about 6 days a week and the dust collection system works flawless on this sander i highly recommend this craftsman 1/4in sheet sander
I have only used this product for some light sanding, but it did the job well and the dust collection feature works better than anticipated. Does it collect all sawdust, no but it does a very decent job. I read the reviews on the clips not holding the sandpaper securely to the pad and I did not have this problem, but again I have only used it lightly to this point, hopefully this feature holds up as I use the product more heavily.
good little sander, I bought this to sand my window frames on the outside of my house, and this little sander performed quite well, no complaints, and nice, quality little sander... period - it worked!
Great price, wanted one and there it was my lucky day. I like my craftsman tools they last longer and more durable, not like those cheap tools that look like toys.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
I bought this when my old one broke. I'm impressed with the power and the fact that its lightweight . I really like that it has a bag on it to catch powder.
Saint Petersburg, FL
Great little hand sander. Quarter sheets fit well. Soft base, with available dust collector port. The dust collector is probably the only weakness I can say it has. Not very tight, easily falls off. Other than that, I don't have any complaints, works great for my projects on light sanding.
This sander has seen 2 to 3 hours of use and I am ready to throw it in the trash. The clips that hold the sandpaper on are pathetic. Sandpaper constantly slips out, and it normally takes about 10 seconds of use for this to happen. The rubber pad the sandpaper sits on is also bad. After such short use it is already starting to fall apart and round off on the edges. While the vacuum feature seems nice, it doesn't work the way you would expect. I know it won't pick up everything, but a cloud of dust shouldn't blow out of it every time you turn it on either. This thing is Chinese made, Chinese quality. Do yourself a favor and buy a used Craftsman sander online - the ones that were made in America. I've been swapping out all my new Craftsman tools for old American made ones and couldn't be happier with the durability.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 05-Apr-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 10% off select Portable Power Specialty Tools! Sold by Sears. Offer ends 15-Mar-2014 See details.