Craftsman 1/6 hp 6'' Bench Grinder with Lamp (21124)Item# 00921124000 | Model# 21124
Specifications & Dimensions
|General Warranty:||1 year|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||22|
|Amps:||Dash for COMPARES & UNKNOWNS|
|Eye Shield Type:||Clear|
|Grinder Size:||6 in.|
|Disc Wheel Diameter:||6 in.|
Ratings & Reviews
6-Inch Grinder with Lamp is Designed for Easy Grinding Precision
The Craftsman 1/6-HP 6-inch bench grinder with lamp features thin-line motor housing for easy grinding of longer materials and a large, independently-operable lamp for lighting both set up and grinding operations. Whether you're a homeowner who simply enjoys tackling do-it-yourself projects and small repair jobs in your spare time or you're a full-time construction worker with a commercial workshop, this bench grinder is a great addition to any work space.
The 6-inch grinder with lamp includes one 36-grit and one 60-grit wheel. These tools can take on a wide variety of projects. Thanks to the large, cast iron base, vibration is minimal. You get a peace of mind knowing that the bench has optimal stability, even during labor intensive jobs, as well as safe operation, thanks to the wide, clear eye shields with sturdy spark guard supports. This bench grinder is an ideal size to fit into many workshops with ease.
- Make grinding jobs more simple with the Craftsman 1/6-HP 6 in. bench grinder with lamp
- 6 in. grinder disc wheel
- Thin-line motor housing allows for easy, long material grinding
- Large lamp with independent operation illuminates set up and grinding tasks
- Lighted on/off rocker switch
- Two wheels: 36-grit and 60-grit to tackle a wide range of projects
- Sizable, cast iron base for reduced vibration and heightened stability
- Wide, clear eye shields with sturdy spark guard supports for safe operation
- Measures 19.3 in. L x 10.2 in. W x 9.3 in. H
- Weighs 22 lbs.
- Includes a general 1-year warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Mars Hill, NC
Bought as Christmas present for my husband. He loves it. He uses it for all his grinding projects. He made a table to mount it to and it mounted easily. Very satisfied with product.
This was an insurance replacement for an older Craftsman 6" bench grinder that was damaged from facility water issue. The on/off switch is much lighter duty than the older model and will likely cause problems in the future -- but my impression of this may be wrong. This grinder did not come with a stone dresser, so I had to steal the one from the older one. Seems to run smooth out of the box and will work for most light duty grinding. I am going to say that I would not recommend this to a friend because there are less expensive bench grinders out there that are very comparable, but overall it is very usable.
Purchased this bench grinder on sale over the holidays for less than $50. Definitely not on the high end but works well for my limited grinder use. Lamp is a nice touch.
The motor startup took some time to stabilize. The instructions were clear and easy to understand. Great for doing small projects but I'm sure it can perform more serious jobs
We are super excited to have this product. We've had no issues with it at all. It does an excellent job sharpening lawn mower blades and the attached light helps out a lot because out garage is so dimly lit.
I use mine to sharpen lawn mower blades, shovel tips and other tools. The size is small enough to move it around but big and strong enough to do everything I have needed it to do. It is a very smooth running motor. It will certainly out-live me.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
New Stanton, PA
Perfect for do-it-yourselfers and small garages. Plenty of power and does a great job! Only thing that could make this any better is if it came with a wire wheel for one of the sides.
This is what I was looking for. The grinder is exactly as I hoped it would be. Used it a few times so far and has the power that was needed for the job. Didn't try the light yet.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.