Craftsman 1/6 hp 6'' Bench Grinder with Lamp (21124)Item# 00921124000 | Model# 21124
Specifications & Dimensions
|General Warranty:||1 year|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||22|
|Amps:||Dash for COMPARES & UNKNOWNS|
|Eye Shield Type:||Clear|
|Grinder Size:||6 in.|
|Disc Wheel Diameter:||6 in.|
Ratings & Reviews
6-Inch Grinder with Lamp is Designed for Easy Grinding Precision
The Craftsman 1/6-HP 6-inch bench grinder with lamp features thin-line motor housing for easy grinding of longer materials and a large, independently-operable lamp for lighting both set up and grinding operations. Whether you're a homeowner who simply enjoys tackling do-it-yourself projects and small repair jobs in your spare time or you're a full-time construction worker with a commercial workshop, this bench grinder is a great addition to any work space.
The 6-inch grinder with lamp includes one 36-grit and one 60-grit wheel. These tools can take on a wide variety of projects. Thanks to the large, cast iron base, vibration is minimal. You get a peace of mind knowing that the bench has optimal stability, even during labor intensive jobs, as well as safe operation, thanks to the wide, clear eye shields with sturdy spark guard supports. This bench grinder is an ideal size to fit into many workshops with ease.
- Make grinding jobs more simple with the Craftsman 1/6-HP 6 in. bench grinder with lamp
- 6 in. grinder disc wheel
- Thin-line motor housing allows for easy, long material grinding
- Large lamp with independent operation illuminates set up and grinding tasks
- Lighted on/off rocker switch
- Two wheels: 36-grit and 60-grit to tackle a wide range of projects
- Sizable, cast iron base for reduced vibration and heightened stability
- Wide, clear eye shields with sturdy spark guard supports for safe operation
- Measures 19.3 in. L x 10.2 in. W x 9.3 in. H
- Weighs 22 lbs.
- Includes a general 1-year warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Holly Springs, NC
This is a decent entry level grinder, I only use it to sharpen my lawn mower blades twice a year. As other reviewers commented, grinder needs to be bolted down for any more serious work. At this price point, good value, other competitors do not offer flexible neck light which is absolutely necessary to see your work.
Port Charlotte, FL
THIS WAS SUCH AN AWESOME BUY.. MY FIANCE WILL LOVE IT AND THE BUILT IN LIGHT MAKES IT EASY TO SHARPEN KNIVES OR TOOLS QUICKLY. CRAFTSMAN QUALITY AT IT'S BEST.
I have not used yet but have always liked the craftsman quality for my small shop and know it will hold up to the small projects I do around the house
I have been using this type of bench grinder for over 12 years. I've sharpened tools, ground deer antlers, buffed brass and used it on dozens of projects. I purchased this grinder for my son-in-law as a X-mas gift.
Bought this grinder to save some labor from hand sharpening many garden tools, mower blades, etc. Was impressed how firm its foundation was after I fastened it (with some narrow bolts) to my work bench. After being mounted and convenient, other uses became obvious: smoothing edges on cut metal, sharpening chisels, grinding fabricated parts to make them fit. In other words, if you have this grinder, you will probably use it a lot. The light is a benefit, also; even when not using the grinder, having the light on helps one to read barely discernible labels. The unit is light weight, and I plan on taking it to other locations. NOTE: the fasteners I encountered were all metric, and you might need such wrenches to assemble and adjust it.
Pompano Beach, FL
I bought this to be able to buff acrylic. The threads cut into the end of the shaft stopped too far out for me to be able to mount my 6" cloth wheel easily, so I bought several flat washers to take up some of the excess room. That worked fine. The actual mounting process would be better if there was a way to lock the shaft while taking off the nut. The manuals suggestion of jamming a piece of wood into the opposite wheel didn't work for me, so I wound up using a pair of vise-grips to hold the opposite wheel in place. The unit seems to start slowly, and build up to full speed over several seconds.
Mars Hill, NC
Bought as Christmas present for my husband. He loves it. He uses it for all his grinding projects. He made a table to mount it to and it mounted easily. Very satisfied with product.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 10% off select Tools Sold by Sears! Valid until 4/27/2015 at 7am CST. Offer ends 27-Apr-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.