Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||1|
|Product Type:||Bolt-out sets|
|Quantity in Set:||10 pc.|
|Units Type:||SAE and Metric|
Ratings & Reviews
10 low profile removers, fits sizes from 3/8 to 3/4 in. and 10 to 19mm. Used for removing damaged, stripped, rusted or painted fasteners (screws/nuts/bolts) of all types. These sockets fit any 3/8 in. ratchet.
- Designed for use in areas where space is limited as well as standard use
- Can be used with a combination wrench, adjustable wrench, pliers, vise grips, or socket
- Ratchet drive size is 3/8"
- Special 6-flute spiral design draws itself onto the fastener allowing it to loosen
- #1 Bolt-Out fits 3/8 in. size fastener; #2 Bolt-Out fits 10mm size fastener
- #3 Bolt-Out fits 11mm and 7/16 in. size fastener; #4 Bolt-Out fits 12mm size fastener
- #5 Bolt-Out fits 13mm and 1/2 in. size fastener; #6 Bolt-Out fits 14mm size fastener
- #7 Bolt-Out fits 15mm size fastener; #8 Bolt-Out fits 16mm and 5/8 in. size fastener
- #9 Bolt-Out fits 17mm size fastener; #10 Bolt-Out fits 19mm and 3/4 in. size fastener
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
El Cajon, CA
Round Rock, TX
I had to remove and replace the thermostat housing in a tight spot on my car, the bolts were really rounded. I had some issues with the bolt-out falling off the bolt when I tried to use a wrench, but a little electrical tape helped to keep it attached to the wrench. Would have been easier if I could have used a socket wrench or fit my hand down there. The bolts were over torqued and tight, but with these I was able to break them loose and remove them with little trouble.
West Hempstead, NY
I purchased the item to remove a stripped bolt from one of my brake calipers. It did not work. It actually rounded off the bolt even more making removal impossible. Needless to say, I returned it the very next day.
I needed a set of bolt removers that would cover the various sized bolts I needed to remove from an above-ground swimming pool I was working on, and ths set was perfect. It also fit my limited budget.
I struggled with a rounded lawn mower blade screw that was rounded by the shop that serviced it last year. Tried every tool in my tool shop-nothing would budge it until I tried these-worked great!
Daytona Beach, FL
I had locking lug nut on a car I bought that had a missing key. These did the trick. Removed the offending bolts and showed no signs of wear after removing four bolts. So far, so good
I purchased this item for my husband for Christmas and it was one of the best gifts I had picked out for him. He was excited to receive and will definitely be using when needed.
When I decided to do a front brake job on my car, I realized that the last person who owned it actually rounded a couple of the bolts holding the brake caliber in place. I tried all the tricks to get it off just short of grinding it off and drilling it out. I found these online and decided to grab a set as a last resort. It took me about 30 mins to figure out the best way to do this so to save you time, here goes. If you are working with a standard bolt, you will be fine. If the bolt is hardened, you may need to jimmy it. The first thing I did was file the last remaining edge of the bolt head. Then I lightly tapped the bolt remover onto the end. Next, I grabbed something that would allow me to pound this remover on evenly, (I used another socket and just turned it around so the back side would be on the head of the remover). After some good hits with a hammer, I grabbed a wrench and it came right off. I also sprayed the bolt with some PB blaster to help. All in all, I got the bolt off!
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Jan-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Jan-2014 See details.