Specifications & Dimensions
|Overall Dimensions:||12" H x 6.5" D|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||12|
|Number of Handles:||2|
|Collet Capacity:||1/4 and 1/2 in.|
|Collet Chuck Size:||1/4 and 1/2 in.|
|Housing Material:||Die cast aluminum|
Ratings & Reviews
This 10 Amp Plunge Router Delivers Control
Capable of microscopic 1/64th inch height adjustments, featuring variable speed control and a combination of metals balancing portability with strength, this plunge router delivers precision cutting for tight joints and flawless details. With dual side view windows it delivers clear visibility, while the grippy vibration reducing handles are built for hours of on the job performance. A solid machine, that’s built to maintain the proper bit speed through hard and soft woods, plastics and composite materials, add this plunge router to your shop, and get the performance you need for a job well done.
- 6 variable speed control from 10,000-25,000 revolutions per minute (RPM). Great for routing into a variety of woods and plastics
- Soft start technology prevents router take off as the Craftsman motor slowly increases to its full capacity of 25,000 RPM
- Secures the router bit at the desired height and prevents the router from self-adjusting during use
- Maintains proper bit speed through all types of soft and hard woods
- Rack and Pinion Height Adjustment and 4-position Depth-Stop Turret. Allows for micro-height adjustments in 1/64-inch increments by simply turning the height adjustment knob.
- For rapid height adjustment of 1/2-inch or more simply push the button to by-pass the rack and pinion and 4-position depth stop turret can be adjusted from 1/4 to ½ in
- Die cast aluminum upper and lower motor housing is lightweight, yet powerful. Steel machined motor sleeve houses the mandrel and gearbox
- Dual full-view windows provides a clear sight-line to the router bit and work surface from both the front or rear of the router. Chip deflector keeps the debris contained and away from the operator. Can be attached to a 1 1/4-inch vacuum adaptor
- Ergonomically designed handles reduce vibration and user fatigue while providing a superior grip and feel at virtually any position
- Heavy-duty precision machined router base with clear sub-base provides a level platform to properly secure and level the appropriate router sub-base. Clear router sub-bases are designed to help illuminate the work area as well as for proper debris extraction. Router sub-base are universal and will also accept steel threaded router bushings
- Located in the front of the router for easy removal of the router bit or router collet with the use of one wrench
- Replaceable carbon brushes for long, dependable service (replacement brushes available separately)
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 06, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I have to say this is the best router I've used. It has good power, the plunge base moves smoothly and is sturdy and the whole thing is built very well. The manuals were very informative too and I suggest anyone that purchases this router gives them a read before diving in. This thing was easy to set up and get going. I also like that you can make very accurate adjustments to your depth. All in all a solid package. An added plus was the nice storage bag it came with. I'm glad it has a large pocket inside so I can store all my bits with the tool and have it all in one place when I need it.
Use the product for many items that I build. Have many Craftsman tools in my shop that I rely upon each and every day. The Craftsman router is easy and fun to use.
I had never owned a router before. It was one of those things that was on my list but I just hadn't gotten around to buying one....until the day we bought a replacement door and needed to cut grooves. So off to Sears we went. After a little research we decided to buy the 10 amp plunge base. It worked out quite well and then we decided to experiment with it. It is a fun "toy" and we have used it for some neat projects. I have no problem recommending this product. Even the inexperienced can figure it out fairly easy.
All in all, this is a very nice router. At least the one I purchased seems fine- all the parts were in the box and the router worked great when I turned it on. I did notice that the router has a little play in it when moving up and down- hence, 4 instead of 5 stars. Not sure how this might affect the accuracy of cutting slots in boards. I will have to see how the router holds up after a lot of use. One thing the manual did not address was a small plastic piece that was in the box. At first, I thought that maybe a piece had broken off the router or some other part in the box, but I could not find any thing that seemed to be missing anything. Finally, I looked at the parts list and found that the piece went under the vacuum attachment where it attaches to the router. So it was OK, but there should have been a mention of this in the manual. As with all Chinese made power tools, quality control is a real problem so hopefully you will get a decent unit- good thing Sears has a decent return policy.
I ruined an expensive counter top. I set the plunge router return ,as you route the adjustment spins and changes the depth. It lowered it when I set the router down it carved my new top. You would think their would be someway to lock this adjustment !!!
I bout this router for the specific purpose of making personalized signs. Popular with campers and RVers. This router worked perfectly. The soft start and the smooth plunge action made the job a treat not a chore. I own two other routers, one in a table the other a fixed base model - I recommend this model for all general purpose routing projects.
San Ramon, CA
This is my first router and it is very sturdy, powerful and easy to use. It also come with the carrying case. I got it on sale and the price was very good. I would recommend to anyone.
Use this plunge router mostly for routing holes in stereo speaker builds! The Jasper Circle Jigs mount easily to all Craftsman Routers and as a combo do an excellent job of routing out precise holes & recesses for mounting your drivers for a professional look. Love the soft start and variable speed control! This router gives all the power and precision I require. A great addition to the tool arsenal!!
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
I got this item as a newbie I love it i tried it on a few junk pieces and got the hang of it now I can do all kinds of crazy things with it the slow start motor is a nice touch it doesn't rip your hands off i love this product good job craftsman
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.