Specifications & Dimensions
|Overall Dimensions:||12" H x 6.5" D|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||12|
|Number of Handles:||2|
|Collet Capacity:||1/4 and 1/2 in.|
|Collet Chuck Size:||1/4 and 1/2 in.|
|Housing Material:||Die cast aluminum|
Ratings & Reviews
This 10 Amp Plunge Router Delivers Control
Capable of microscopic 1/64th inch height adjustments, featuring variable speed control and a combination of metals balancing portability with strength, this plunge router delivers precision cutting for tight joints and flawless details. With dual side view windows it delivers clear visibility, while the grippy vibration reducing handles are built for hours of on the job performance. A solid machine, that’s built to maintain the proper bit speed through hard and soft woods, plastics and composite materials, add this plunge router to your shop, and get the performance you need for a job well done.
- 6 variable speed control from 10,000-25,000 revolutions per minute (RPM). Great for routing into a variety of woods and plastics
- Soft start technology prevents router take off as the Craftsman motor slowly increases to its full capacity of 25,000 RPM
- Secures the router bit at the desired height and prevents the router from self-adjusting during use
- Maintains proper bit speed through all types of soft and hard woods
- Rack and Pinion Height Adjustment and 4-position Depth-Stop Turret. Allows for micro-height adjustments in 1/64-inch increments by simply turning the height adjustment knob.
- For rapid height adjustment of 1/2-inch or more simply push the button to by-pass the rack and pinion and 4-position depth stop turret can be adjusted from 1/4 to ½ in
- Die cast aluminum upper and lower motor housing is lightweight, yet powerful. Steel machined motor sleeve houses the mandrel and gearbox
- Dual full-view windows provides a clear sight-line to the router bit and work surface from both the front or rear of the router. Chip deflector keeps the debris contained and away from the operator. Can be attached to a 1 1/4-inch vacuum adaptor
- Ergonomically designed handles reduce vibration and user fatigue while providing a superior grip and feel at virtually any position
- Heavy-duty precision machined router base with clear sub-base provides a level platform to properly secure and level the appropriate router sub-base. Clear router sub-bases are designed to help illuminate the work area as well as for proper debris extraction. Router sub-base are universal and will also accept steel threaded router bushings
- Located in the front of the router for easy removal of the router bit or router collet with the use of one wrench
- Replaceable carbon brushes for long, dependable service (replacement brushes available separately)
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 06, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I have to say this is the best router I've used. It has good power, the plunge base moves smoothly and is sturdy and the whole thing is built very well. The manuals were very informative too and I suggest anyone that purchases this router gives them a read before diving in. This thing was easy to set up and get going. I also like that you can make very accurate adjustments to your depth. All in all a solid package. An added plus was the nice storage bag it came with. I'm glad it has a large pocket inside so I can store all my bits with the tool and have it all in one place when I need it.
San Ramon, CA
This is my first router and it is very sturdy, powerful and easy to use. It also come with the carrying case. I got it on sale and the price was very good. I would recommend to anyone.
Use this plunge router mostly for routing holes in stereo speaker builds! The Jasper Circle Jigs mount easily to all Craftsman Routers and as a combo do an excellent job of routing out precise holes & recesses for mounting your drivers for a professional look. Love the soft start and variable speed control! This router gives all the power and precision I require. A great addition to the tool arsenal!!
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
I got this item as a newbie I love it i tried it on a few junk pieces and got the hang of it now I can do all kinds of crazy things with it the slow start motor is a nice touch it doesn't rip your hands off i love this product good job craftsman
Very easy to operate. Very easy to change bits. When used in a router table, the height adjust can be made from above the table. The only down side to this router is the base plate. The hole in the middle is small thereby limiting the assortment of bits that can be used with it. This was easily corrected by making a new baseplate out of a 1/4 in.thick piece of plexiglass. In course in doing so, I cant use the vacumm attachment anymore, but that's okay.All in all, this is one of the best routers I've ever used.
Saint Cloud, FL
Three trips to sears and on the third trip I bought a fixed base. The two of these I bought stuck. Would not go up or down. Had to physically pull it to move. Was very disappointed after just over a quarter tank of gas running back and forth. The replacement for the first one I opened in the store. It was pretty beat up and dirty but they claimed it was new. The second day it began sticking again. Almost like the rails weren't machined well or something? Too bad, everything else seemed to work good.
I haven't used a router in 20 years so I don't have much to compare this to, but it appears to be very well built. Its pretty intuitive to use and easy to adjust. I've only used it to route 3 drawer facings so far, but I found it very easy to handle and plenty powerful. The price was a plus too, a great value.
New Port Richey, FL
I returned the 2hp fixed base Sears router because, even with the lights, I couldn't see the work. This router is great, you can see the work and, with soft start, it doesn't try to jump away from you. What a great tool at a great price.
I had just purchase the router to make a large oval shaped table. The router worked great until third day of my project, with only two cuts left, the router just quit working. Up until then it was working great. Made several great cuts and the table came out great, I just wished the router survived.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 01-Nov-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra Savings on select tools Sold by Sears! Discount reflected in price shown. Offer ends 27-Sep-2014 See details.