Specifications & Dimensions
|Fence Size (HxL) (In):||3-3/8 in.|
|Crosscut Capacity - 0 Miter 0 Bevel:||2-7/8 in. x 5-1/2 in.|
|Crosscut Capacity - 0 Miter 45 Left Bevel:||2 in. x 5-1/2 in.|
|Crosscut Capacity - 45 Miter 0 Bevel:||2-7/8 in. x 4-1/4 in.|
|Crosscut Capacity - 45 Miter 45 Left Bevel:||2 in. x 4-1/4 in.|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||32|
|Package Contents:||Saw, Blade, Blade Wrench, Instruction Manual, Clamps|
|Blade Diameter (In):||10|
|Arbor Size:||5/8 in.|
|Blade Bevel Range:||0-45 deg.|
|Cut Depth At 45 Degrees:||2 in.|
Ratings & Reviews
10-Inch Compound Miter Saw Great for Around the House
The Craftsman 10-inch compound miter saw has the power and accuracy you need for those small jobs around the house that demand precision. Whether you're adding decorative moulding or re-doing the baseboards, this saw's 13-amp 4,800-rpm motor drives a 40-tooth blade that can make quick work of the cut. A Laser Trac system lets you see the cut before you make, ensuring accuracy.
The 10-inch compound miter saw can make bevel, miter and compound cuts of up to 45 degrees and cross cuts as well. Nine miter and three bevel stops are set up for the most common angles, while adjustable end stops let you make repetitive cuts with ease. An adjustable fence holds the wood securely, while the ergonomic handle lets righties or lefties hold the saw into position.
- The Craftsman 10 in. compound miter saw gives you the precision you need for the do-it-yourself projects most homeowners run across
- 13-Amp motor, 120 volts, 4,800 RPM
- 10 in. blade, 40-tooth carbide tipped
- Fence measures 3-3/8 in. and releases rapidly for quick adjustments
- Use the Laser Trac to project a line on the wood and preview the cut
- An ergonomic handle lets you keep the saw in place
- Miter, bevel and compound cuts up to 45 degrees
- Three positive bevel stops and nine positive miter stops
- Micro-adjustable end stops let you set up for repetitive cuts
- Base detaches for work on longer sections
- 1-5/8 in. vacuum port for easy cleanup
- Comes with a dust collection bag and hold down clamp
- Weighs 32 lbs.
Added on April 13, 2012
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I bought this Saw 1 month ago.. when i opened the box i noted it was returned before.. noticed that one of the rollers was damaged.. somebody tried to fix it .. but failed.. didnt want to return it .so i decided to fix it my self.. no problem 1 hour and it was good as new.. i retired the plate at the bottom of the blade guard . so air can pass thru..you can notice that the bag expands with the air ..checked the laser,it remained clean at least for 50 cross cuts... everything worked well.... at this price you can not get a better saw..gave 4 stars, because it was not 100 % new
Ann Arbor, MI
Sturdy, and user friendly this saw is very good value with high quality precision. Has laser and guide as well as all safety features.
Lots of good features and the saw appears reasonably well made. I cut several pieces of wood and did not block out the laser with dust. As others have noted, the saw dust collection feature is basically useless. I would suggest removing the cover plate where the blade goes into the bottom of the arm since the plate appears to prevent the dust from going into the dust collection port. I don't see the purpose of this cover plate since the other similarly designed saws do not have it. Also, use a strong shop vac instead of the dust bag and that should help collect a of the dust. However, you can expect to make a lot of dust with woodworking power tools. Just use it in a place where you can clean up easily.
I bought this saw after looking it over at the local store. The online reviews were mixed, but it looked very good to me. I used the saw extensively over the last 10 days and found it to work great, and easy to use. I am a long time consumer of Sears tools and intend to keep coming back. This saw is a winner.
Set up on work bench and after checking that everything was set up properly I tested by cutting a 1 x 4 pice of wood. To my surprise 90% of sawdust went outside of dust collection system. After about 5 cuts it totally covered the laser and made it unusable. Tried hooking up a shop vacuum and it made no difference at all. I was very interested in using this saw because of all the other features but this problem has me returning to Sears.
*MANUFACTURER DEFECT: Arm broke in half while using. Cracked from side to side. It hit the base still running and the top assembly (saw) fell to the ground. I'm lucky I didn't lose an arm. It must have been a manufacturing defect. The aluminum arm is made very thin. Omg. Sears didn't bat an eyelash. They saw the condition of it and exchanged it right away. Dust collector is a joke. Not a grain of dust in it. Laser needs to be cleaned after every cut or you won't see it. I did like the rollers and the moving arm on the right with stop for multiple cuts. Some what light weight so you could move it around. Also, I liked the fact that it came out of the box ready to use. Nothing to build. Just Styrofoam to throw out
Dust collection doesn't work at all. Laser is not aligned, off to the right by 1/8th inch. Laser has to be turned on/off manually by switch on handle. I'm considering returning it, I bought it because it was less expensive than the DeWalt but thinking now I should spend a little more.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.