|Table Dimensions (LxW):||7-3/8 x 7-1/2|
|Chuck Size:||1/2 in.|
|General Warranty:||1 Year|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||60.63|
|Number of Speeds:||5|
|Package Contents:||Fence, Tasklight, Hardware Pack,|
|Spindle Travel (in.):||2.5|
|Table Tilt (Right and Left):||Left 45 deg. - Right 45 deg.|
|Number of Handles:||3|
|Cord Length (ft.):||6|
|Cord Type:||18 gauge|
|Handling & Operating:|
|360 deg. Swivel Head:||Yes|
|Onboard Key Storage:||Yes|
|Table Material:||Cast iron|
|Chuck Capacity:||1/2 in.|
|Housing Material:||Cast Iron|
|Base Size (in.):||13.19 x 8.07|
|Column Diameter (in.):||2.25|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
Ratings & Reviews
10" Bench Drill Press with Laser Merges Ultimate Precision and Reliable Performance
Drilling clean, perfect holes into the toughest material is all in a day's work for the Craftsman 10" bench drill press with laser. With a 1/2 HP motor and a speed range of 680 to 3,150 RPM, this design combines high torque and speed to deliver remarkable performance. 1/2-inch chuck is fitted to the model so you can work comfortably with metal, wood and sanding drums. With a depth gauge and a guiding laser, you can enjoy fast machining and split accuracy in all your jobs.
The 10" bench drill press with laser is designed to eliminate guesswork by improving precision. Laser gives you accurate X and Y axis positioning, and the drill table adjusts to help you make flawless corner holes and bevel sanding. Rack and pinion control table elevation adjustment to make quick and accurate adjustments. For repetitive drilling jobs, a tough stop block and a steel fence are put in place to align and brace all your work pieces.
- Exceptional, effortless drilling performance comes standard with the Craftsman 10" Bench Drill Press with Laser
- 1/2 HP motor coupled with a 680-3,150 RPM speed range provide impressive speed and smooth drilling performance
- 1/2 in. chuck allows you to work with wood, metal and sanding drums
- Depth gauge ensures fast machining
- Laser provides accurate X and Y axis projection for better positioning
- Drill table allows 45 degree adjustments for drilling perfect corner holes and bevel sanding
- Table elevation adjustment is controlled by rack and pinion for quick, precise adjustments
- Strong stop block and scaled steel fence guide, align and brace your pieces for repetitive drilling
- Sight window helps you monitor speed
- Drill press comes with 1/2 in. keyed chuck, chuck key and hex key wrenches
Added on May 17, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Saint Petersburg, FL
One of the laser lights quit working on my Craftsman10" drill with laser. The unit is not even two yrs old. Called to get the laser replaced and was told ...sorry. The drill does not fall under the replacement part like wrenches, socket wrenches screw drivers, ect.. Sears considers the drill to be a appliance like a wash machine and is not covered by the replacement part you get with tools. And the real shocker came when they told me the cost more to replace the laser was going to be more than if I went out out and bought a brand new drill. I do not recommend buying this drill with a laser just for that reason. If the light goes out...your stuck.
I purchased this little drill press about 2 years ago. It was extremely easy to assemble. The instructions were very clear and understandable. The adjustments are really easy. It runs very quite and smooth without a lot of vibration. To give you an idea of how easy and well it works on small projects, along with a router, I made a ship's wheel and two wagon wheels with this little drill press. The accuracy that is achieved when using this product is simply stunning, especially when you look at the price. Great product.
Granite Bay, CA
East Lansing, MI
Dissapointed... first step of instructions: attach column to base, line up with four holes, attach with bolts.. Well one of the holes is not machined right.. it will take the bolt half way then jams.. I tried all four bolts none of them works... does not bid well for the rest of the product..
This model seems to be an exact replacement of the previous except they took out the 6amp motor and threw in a LOUSY small motor. NO THANKS SEARS!! You had a great product and you changed it to a junk product. The reviews on the old 6amp model were outstanding.
I wanted a drill press for light home workshop use (drilling wood and light metal). Didn't want to spend a mint on it, but also didn't want to buy a useless door stop. Bought this unit on sale, got a Sears card 5% discount, and redeemed shopper points to get a good price. It's better than expected for the money and is a good match for my intended uses. A few notes: HORSEPOWER: I can't measure horsepower, but power has been fine for my uses so far. Compared the nameplate current draw to published values for a few other manufacturers' 10 inch presses, and all values were very close. TABLE TILT: No handle to make this adjustment; tilting requires a wrench (or socket) and a hex wrench. WORK LIGHT: Bright and easy to aim, but I wonder how long the flexible neck will last. LASER: Easy to adjust, but requires two AAA batteries instead of being powered from the press's power cord. MANUAL: Decent for assembly and operation, and includes a good parts list and exploded diagram typical of Sears manuals. It tells how to adjust the drive belt tension, but doesn't give guidance on how to check if the belt is too tight or too loose. More info on lubricating moving parts would be helpful. It also includes a few instructions that aren't applicable to this press. CORRECTIONS TO PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: - Nameplate on press says it draws 3.2 amps, not 6 amps. - No sight window to check drive belt position ("speed setting"), but, it's easy to open the belt cover and look. - No scale marks on fence.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Plus, members get $10 back in points with any tool purchase over $20, sold by Sears. Offer ends 07-Dec-2013 See details.