Specifications & Dimensions
|Speed Capability:||6 speeds|
|Collet Capacity:||1/4 and 1/2 in.|
|Package Contents:||Wrench, Cutting Guide|
Ratings & Reviews
This Craftsman 12 Amp Router Makes Short Work of Big Jobs
Powerful and built to cut with precision, this variable speed router combines the lightweight maneuverability of die cast aluminum with the long enduring stability of steel to help you get the job done right. A solid addition to any shop, it features a built-in work light, precision finished clear base and the control of ergonomically shaped handles designed to give you more control with less vibration. Featuring variable speeds from 10,000 to 25,000 rpm with both ¼ and ½ inch collets, whether you’re cutting channels in plastic, setting hinges into door frames or adding a finely detailed dovetail, this router delivers. Add it to your arsenal, and get the performance you need for a job well done.
- 12 amp router features a permanently sealed motor to eliminate dust issues
- Dual view side windows provide visibility
- Fore and aft chip deflectors improve visibility
- ½ and ¼ in. collets adapt to the job
- Variable speed control allows you to cut hard and soft woods, plastic and composite materials
- Ergonomic designed handles reduces vibration
- Precision height adjustment
- Tight locking collar keeps the right height, cut after cut
- Soft start slowly increases RPMs, cutting down on jerk and tear-away
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on February 26, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I've installed this under a Bench Dog router plate pre-drilled for a Craftsman router and it fits perfectly. The plate is set in a bench top table I made of thick butcher block maple. The router on/off switch and buckle are easy to reach. The motor is easily removed and replaced. This unit is quiet and has plenty of HP. One really nice addition is both 1/4" and 1/2" collets come with a collet nut. This is nice because there is to hassle getting a collet out of a nut. The unit has a variable speed control that is very consistent as it is advanced. I'd rate this unit 6 stars. My only improvement is to sell it without the bag and save me a few bucks.
It did exactly the job I needed it to do and was a fair price. I would recommend this product if you need a router. Craftsman is great brand and what I always buy.
I have a similar Craftsman Router that I had used for 30 or 40 years. I lost the tapered bushing that was necessary to hold the router bits in place; it was too old to obtain replacement parts so I bought this one that is very similar in weight power and handling. Note of interest: After owning this New router for a little over a month, I discovered the missing bearing
I've had this router mounted on my MLCS router table for several years now and have had no issues. The soft start and variable speed work as advertised. I've used a variety of bits from basic round over's to lock miter's in MDF & woods and this router is up to the task. When done routing, fire up the compressor and blow the dust out of your router and adjustments for continued proper performance.
I bought this router as a dedicated machine for use with my Rockler dovetail jig. It's been rather difficult to adjust and it take some manipulation to use a busing guide and dovetail bit. Cutting action is fine, I just wish it were more user-friendly in the adjustment department.
Got this router and the 37596 router table. I did not think there would be much to it because of the price. But it turned out to be a nice router. Nothing fancy. But, For the price you can't beat it.
Well I wish I'd seen these reviews prior to buying. Bought this earlier, took it home and compared it to my old 17543 router. RPM's were slower with speed setting on 6 compared to my old Craftsman set on 4. It also sounded like it had dry bearings when running. I didn't think this was right so I returned it and asked to test the second one before buying. Was told I cannot, and the guy acted like he didn't even believe me, so I said forget it. Then the sales guy grabs the display and tested it. It worked, was much faster, but also made a noise. He then opens the box of a new one after saying I can't. This one had the collet wedged in the shaft and would not come out even with the nut removed. It needed pliers but I wasn't risking a damaged collet to cause a bit to fly out later. They only had two so I just returned mine and left. These reviews seem to suggest this model may have a bad motor. The hassle at the store makes taking a chance on further Craftsman tools not very appealing. Too bad. The router design looked good. Similar to a Bosch, which I'll be buying now.
Scipio Center, NY
This is my first router. I haven't used it feet much but it seems to have more than enough power. The storage bag is ok for a bag but a hard sided case would be much better
This is the perfect for the man that has everything. My husband likes to play with wood and make new things, and this tool allows him to experiment. He is making a lot of new items this winter.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.