Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||13|
|Speed Capability:||6 speeds|
|Collet Chuck Size:||1/4 and 1/2 in.|
|Micro Depth Adj.:||Yes|
|Plunge Lock Control:||Yes|
|Package Contents:||Worklight, Wrench, Cutting Guide|
Ratings & Reviews
The 12-Amp Base Router with Soft Start Technology
The Craftsman 2 hp dual base router powers through the toughest tasks while delivering a maximum speed of 25000 RPM. Six variable speed adjustments adjust from veneer to soft to hardwoods and plastics, while the ergonomic handles help limit vibration, even after hours on the job.
This 12 amp base router with soft start technology allows you to switch between a plunge and fixed bases fast, so you can swap from trim routing to carving dados, without wasting time. Equipped to work with ¼ and ½ in. collets, built tough and powered by a 2 hp motor, this router is ready for anything. Toss it on your workbench, and get to work with Craftsman.
- Craftsman 2 hp dual base router includes :1/2 and 1/4-in. collets, 2 router bases, edge guide, 2 vac adapters, wrench and case
- Easy portability gets the job done anywhere
- Soft start slowly increases speed to help eliminate router take-off
- Permanently sealed motor with 6 variable speeds from 10,000 to 25,000 rpm and electronic feedback control to ensure proper rpm for different bit sizes
- Dual full-view window and front/rear chip deflectors deliver clear visibility
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on March 05, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
San Diego, CA
Over a two day period, I talked to more than ten people at Sears/Craftsman in order to identify the name and usage of a prominent part on this router. I failed. I could never find anyone who could help me. Since I have never used a router , and since I don't want to injure myself or damage the machine, I'll have to keep looking.
I purchased this router to support my revived hobby of woodworking. I've been pretty impressed with the power of this router. It can be attached to a router table, or used manually with either the plunger or fixed base.
Router bit adjustment above table. Vertical movement (no rotation of body). Easy release and drop from table when used with plunge assembly. Release of screws was easy using reverse drill driver and modest clutch action. The light, soft start and adjustable speed are very desirable features. the Plunge assembly will also allow over table adjust, although I prefer leaving the fixed base assembly at the table. I "studied" a lot regarding routers (a newbie).... I really like this unit. I use it with the aluminum router table. Highly recommended.
Lots of bang for your buck. Very solid feel, great power. I looked for a long time and didn't find anything else that had this good of amp/hp AND came with two bases. Very excited about this purchase! (As is my neighbor who can't wait ti borrow it.)
I used this to route some door hinge and strike plate mortices for the first time using a Sears kit, and it worked great. The only complaint was the manual and how it described the process of setting the depth of the router bit. It referred to two diagrams with letter labeled parts, but did not state which diagram it referred to when stating the part letter, and both diagrams had the same parts labeled with different letters. Also, the steps were slightly wrong. It said to lock the base and then to adjust the fine adjust ****, which can't be adjusted with the base locked, then said to lock it again later. I had to study this for an hour to make sense out of it. Other than that it is a great router.
Elmwood Park, NJ
I like this router, But it will be going back for a replacement. After finishing about 4" of a 12" piece the speed slows to a point that it almost stops. Turning it off and on again regains the speed but after another inch or two does the same thing.
Cranberry Twp, PA
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 30-Apr-2014 See details.
- MAX Member Exclusive. Choose FREE Store Pickup and Get 5% back in points! Offer ends 30-Jun-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Extra 15% off select Air Tools, Mechanics Tools and Specialty Power Tools! Sold by Sears. Offer ends 19-Apr-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 19-Apr-2014 See details.