Specifications & Dimensions
|Fence Size (HxL) (In):||5 x 4.75|
|Fence Type:||Dual sliding|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||66.2|
|Package Contents:||Intregrated Laser Guide, Dust Chute, Dust Collection, Blade Wrench|
|Arbor Size:||5/8 in.|
|Miter Index:||0-47 deg. left/right|
Ratings & Reviews
This Dual Sliding Compound Miter Delivers Laser Precision
Bringing bevel and miter adjustments to the front allows this Craftsman compound saw to help you get the job done fast. Whether you’re joining baseboard with a bevel, cutting the miter that will make a picture frame or installing crown molding, it ensures each cut is precise, your joints are tight and corners sharp. Equipped with telescoping extension tables and a built-in stop block, not to mention quick cam angle adjustment, when it’s time to move fast on the job, this saw keeps pace. Solid in design, it uses a high back fence to for cutting support, while the powerful 15 amp motor spins 60 carbine teeth at 4,200 RPM, easily cutting through soft words, hard woods, plastics and composites. A solid tool at home or on the job site, plug in this Craftsman and get to work.
- Craftsman dual compound miter saw features a linear bearing rail slide system allows for accurate cuts up to 12 in. wide boards
- Upfront bevel lock allows for bevel angle changes without reaching behind unit
- Quick cam miter lock for upfront locking of all miter angles
- Tall sliding fences provide extra work support on both sides of blade for crown molding, baseboard cutting
- Front mounted Laser Trac™ System - projects a laser accurate pre-alignment line on work piece for precise miter, bevel, crosscuts and compound cuts
- Telescoping solid extension tables on both sides of blade with built-in stop blocks for repetitive cuts
- Powerful 15 Amp Motor, 4200 RPM (no-load speed), provides the power needed for heavy duty jobs
- 12 in. diameter 60-tooth Carbide Tip Saw Blade, stays sharp and makes clean cuts
- Miter cuts up to 47° degrees Left & Right, and 60° Right - 10 Positive Stops 0°,15°,22.5°,31.6°,45° (L & R), 60° (R)
- Dual Bevel capacity cuts up to 47° degrees left & right, 5 Positive stops at 0°,33.9° and 45° (L & R)
- Includes hold down clamp, dust bag, blade wrench and owner's manual
Added on May 30, 2012
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
The dual bevel is very convenient, and the 60 degree miter is nice too. The laser is a big hard to see in daylight, and its easy to saw right through the fence if you're not careful. Overall I'm very happy with it.
I am very impressed with this machine. One problem that I found is that you cannot rely on the dust collector bag. I attached my Craftsman Vac and resolved the issue.
THIS REPLACED A 12 SLIDING SINGLE BEVEL DEWALT I WAS NOT SURE I WOULD BE HAPPY AFTER USING MY NEW CRAFTSMAN I AM LOVING IT EASIER TO ADJUST AND BETTER BALANCED TO CARRY DUAL SLIDE BARS MAKE BLADE MORE STABLE FOR BETTER QUALITY CUTS
Mount Airy, NC
Great saw, plenty of power, easy and accurate adjustments. Assembly instructions could be improved with clear orientation of parts in diagrams. Just got the saw a couple weeks ago and the lazer was not even close to being adjusted. Repair only said to "tap" on it lightly! No help to adjust, instead need to drive over 2 hours to turn in for repair or ship. Alternatives are not fesable, time and cost. Just going to live with it. No one is responsible anymore.
I bought one for my son that he could use in remodeling his first home. I liked it so much it felt wrong he should have a better saw so I bought a second one for me. They are AWESOME saws packed with features to make just the cuts you need for crown molding or any other application.