Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Head Weight:||12 oz.|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.75|
|Type:||Rubber mallet/plastic tip|
|Handle Length (in.):||12.5|
Ratings & Reviews
Plastic tips on this hammer are designed to wear away as they protect the surface being struck. Replacement is as easy as prying off the old tip and popping on the new one.
- Forged, high carbon, quality steelhead. Supplied with replaceable tips, one soft red and one hard yellow. Flame treated hickory handle.
- Replacement Yellow Tips (009 38296)
- Replacement Red Tips (009 38297)
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
It does what it needs to do...nothing more, nothing less. The red face, however, seems a little more easily damaged than I would've liked and expected.
This is a well made hammer that does the job. It has two heads, one with a firm rubber head and the other with a plastic tip. The rubber head is useful where you do not want to leave any marks. The plastic tip will mar soft surfaces but not anything hard.
Yorktown Heights, NY
Bought this hammer thinking it was good which it was until the tips wore out. The manufacturer will not allow them to sell the replacement tips anymore. So I was told to buy a new hammer. Check yourself before wasting your money on the craftsman.
This hammer is exactly as described. It does the job very well as I have come to expect from a craftsman hand tool. 90% of my tools are bought from Sears and are Craftsman brand and I'm sure the trend will continue.
This plastic tip hammer was exactly what I was looking for for working on delicate and intricate pieces. The price was competitive and the Craftsman quality is there.
This item is great for use when you need a plastic covered hammer instead of a regular hammer. Such as when pounding either a 2x4 or 4x4 into place. I has already come in handy, that is why I purchased this item. I would recommend this hammer to anyone who is in need of this type of tool., thank you, Sincerely, 65plus, Harrisburg, Pa.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.