Specifications & Dimensions
|Blade Length (in.):||N/A|
|Tip Width (in.):||0.25, 0.38, 0.63|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||1.7|
|Package Contents:||3 Cold Chisels, 4 Pin Punches, 1 Prick Punch, 2 Nail Sets, 1 Center Punch, 1 Alignment|
|Included with Item:|
|Handle Length (in.):||N/A|
|Handle Material:||Alloy Steel|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||Lifetime Warranty|
|Materials & Finish:|
|Blade Material:||Alloy Steel|
Ratings & Reviews
Get in Line with This Craftsman Chisel Alignment Set
No matter what your chiseling or alignment needs, you'll be covered with this Craftsman 12-piece chisel alignment set from Sears in your garage. This versatile set includes 12 pieces, each individually labeled on the handle for easy identification. The set comes with three cold chisels (1/4" x 4" #42971, 3/8" x 5" #42972, and 5/8" x 6" #42974), four pin punches (1/8" x 4 1/2" #42883, 5/32" x 5" #42884, 3/16" x 5" #42885, and 1/4" x 5 1/2 #42886), two nail sets (1/32" #37355 and 2/32" #37356), a center punch (3/8" x 4 1/2" #42861), a 16" pry bar (#4283) and an alignment tool.
Each piece in this Craftsman chisel alignment tool set is made of quality materials and comes with a Craftsman Lifetime Warranty. The pieces in this set are all made of a chrome vanadium steel heat-treated blade and a long-lasting, corrosion-resistant black oxide finish. The set is made in the United States.
- This Craftsman 12-piece chisel alignment set can be used with the punch and chisel holder part # 42839
- Includes three cold chisels (1/4" x 4" #42971, 3/8" x 5" #42972, and 5/8" x 6" #42974), four pin punches (1/8" x 4 1/2" #42883, 5/32" x 5" #42884, 3/16" x 5" #42885, and 1/4" x 5 1/2 #42886), two nail sets (1/32" #37355 and 2/32" #37356), a center punch (3/8" x 4 1/2" #42861), a 16" pry bar (#4283) and an alignment tool
- Each piece has a chrome vanadium steel heat-treated blade and a long-lasting, corrosion-resistant black oxide finish
- Each piece has a labeled handle for quick identification
- Can be sharpened
- Made in USA
- Comes with a Craftsman Lifetime Warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Ordered & received these in Nov. 2011. At the time I placed the order the photo showed the tools with their traditional red painted/coated handle and in the item description the color also showed as red.
They just now changed the photo to the black tools and added this to the item description.
Not true as I was shipped the black in Nov. 2011, not the red set I wanted that was pictured and had all the prior good reviews. This is not just a cosmetic change as the new black tools are of inferior quality as I will explain below.
The new "black" tools are actually just alloy steel coated in an oily substance to temporarily delay rusting. Brand new right out of the box they will all have a layer of grime on them that will cover your hands in a black film. I lightly wiped down one of the smaller ones with a rag (left), placed a similar finish tool next to it so you can see how it will quickly rust (middle) and placed another tool similar to what the red quality used to be (right) (see photo). They no longer have the red coating in the handle area nor are they treated at the business end.
If Sears is going to significantly change the quality of the item they need to immediately update their website and change the item number. This is not a "cosmetic" change and the previous reviews are for a totaly different tool set. Don't think the previous reviews are for this item.
This set has a good variety of sizes. It's not the end all be all, but a good starting point. All the pieces are US made and are very good quality. Hard to pass up at this price point.
I was looking for a chisel set, and after reading the reviews comparing old vs. new stock, was not optimistic. I checked out the big hardware store chains to see what the competition had to offer, then stopped by my local Sears store. Surprisingly, I found an old red coated set mixed in with the new all black sets. After holding both sets in my hands, the new set definitely seemed inferior to the old set. Had the new sets been all that was available, I likely would have headed back to the hardware stores.
Heber City, UT
For a set of light duty chisels and alignment tools this set covers most of the basis. While I wouldn't use these for a heavy duty project, they are absolutely perfect for home and auto repair use.
this is an excellent chisel kit for everyday use.it has everything in the kit to get you throught most projects and then some.i would highly recommend this set to anyone who use's this type of tool.many different use's and a great tool set to have.
Bought for school to fabricate sheet metal air foil. Used many times, worked like a charm. Plan to return to Sears and purchase more tools or whatever I might need.
Green Bay, WI
This is a great basic set of chisels and punches to have in the tool box. The variety provides more than the average individual will need. These are of very good quality and hold their edges.
I love his chisel set came with everything I needed for punching or chesiling out things on cars motor chains, tie down chains multiple uses for all the pieces
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 26-Nov-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.