Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||2.96|
|Metric Opening Size:||7 mm, 8 mm, 9 mm, 10 mm, 11 mm, 12 mm, 13 mm, 14 mm, 15 mm, 16 mm, 17 mm, 18 mm|
|SAE Opening Size:||Metric or Torx|
|Torx Opening Size:||SAE or Metric|
|Length (in.):||4.21 in.|4.36 in.|4.87 in.|5.51in.|5.85 in.|6.22 in.|6.54 in.|7.08 in.|7.5 in.|7.94 in.|8.39 in.|8.74 in.|
|Number Of Points:||6|
|Quantity in Set:||12|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||Full unlimited|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman Metric Combination Wrench Set Has Offset Beam to Protect Your Knuckles
This Craftsman 12 pc. metric 6 pt. combination wrench set has 12 closed and open wrenches so you have most of your basic metric needs met with one set. All 12 of these wrenches fit in the accompanying carrying rack for easy storage and access. If you do not like rummaging through your wrench drawer to find the right metric tool for the job, this set will help.
The Craftsman metric combination wrench set has a low profile on each wrench. This makes hardware in tight spots more accessible. You will notice the beam is offset at contact with the open-ended side on every wrench. This gives you more maneuverability so you have extra wiggle room between your knuckles and the materials with which you are working. This helps prevent the knuckle injuries that are so common when tightening or loosening fasteners.
- Craftsman 12 pc. metric 6 pt. combination wrench set comes with carrying rack for storage and transport
- You will find you have more room to work thanks to this set's offset beams
- 6 Points of contact on these wrenches gives you a secure hold on your fasteners so there is less risk of damaging them
- Set comes with sizes 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18mm
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I bought this set for myself for Christmas and I am absolutely glad that I did so. These wrenches are perfect for the average person who does light work including minor maintenance on their own vehicles. Obviously, these wrenches aren't for the hardcore home mechanic but they're good for the light work that I plan on using them for around the house and in my cars.
Current Craftsman quality, i.e., non-USA made, so while they look like old Craftsman tools, the steel and tolerances is somewhat suspect. Time will tell whether they will work on tight/old bolts without slipping or messing up the corners of the nuts/bolts. I am optimistic.
Coos Bay, OR
I haven't had the chance to use this set a whole lot just yet, but I've used a few of the wrenches a little bit and they seem to be of good quality: durable, attractive, and well-made, and all for an excellent price with an incredible warranty. Highly recommended.
Returned the items that apparently are made by a new offshore toy company. The head design is lobsided and does not allow tight area fit for most of my work. May be good for juniors first wrench set. Not what they used to be.
New Milford, PA
This is the perfect wrench set for the backyard mechanic. It contains all the sizes you'll need for most jobs. Well made and carries the Craftsman warranty.
I placed a couple of these new wrenches next their old US made counter parts, the new wrenches have a cheesy looking chrome finish that reminds me of tools from *******. I found that on close inspection there appeared to be many flaws in the casting of the wrench which further degrade from the visual quality of the tools. The open end of the wrenches are now extremely large and may cause problems getting into tight spaces which is normally the only reason to use a wrench over a ratchet anyway. The final and most important aspect of the tool is the manufacturing tolerances when compared to the real American made Craftsman. Every wrench in this set had an open end that was at least .002" larger than my old beat up craftsman set in my tool box. I suspect I won't bust many knuckles or round many bolts before I decide to drop some money on a descent set of SK wrenches. These are the last tools I will buy from craftsman that do not specifically state that they are US made.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get 2-Pack Decorative Pillows for $12.99, reg price $24.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get sentiment pillows for $9.99, reg price $24.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get watercolor animial decorative pillows for $7.99, reg price $19.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get Victoria Classics 650 Thread Count Sheet Set for $14.99 reg price $59.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 09-May-2015 See details.