Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||5.73|
|Quantity in Set:||12|
|Color/Finish:||Silver, black finish|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
Ratings & Reviews
12 pc. SAE Universal Wrench Set Torques for Life
Nut, bolt, spline, hex, quad, 12 point, external Torx, even rounded fasteners, get them turning with this Craftsman 12 pc wrench set. Built to grab where other wrenches just can’t, this inch set features a uniquely reinforced spline box end that grabs five different fastener types easily, while also taking care of rounded nuts and bolts. Built tough, no matter how many times you turn it, each wrench will come back for more. And backed by the reliability of the Craftsman Forever Warranty, this set will work hard as long as you do.
Crafted from high tensile strength alloyed steel, this 12 pc. SAE universal wrench set deals out tons of torque, while designed for quick-moving work, each wrench is clearly marked with embedded numbers that help you grab the right size every time you reach for it. The perfect balance of grip and speed, this set combines the adaptability of a universal box with the fast grab and turn of an open end to get the job done, no matter is you’re in the garage, on the jobsite or over at Grandma’s house, working on the plumbing. A solid set, for life, toss these wrenches into your kit and reach for the best when you’re working.
- Craftsman 12 pc Wrench Set includes sizes: 1/4, 5/16, 11/32, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 13/16. 3/4 and 7/8 in.
- Spline geometry works with 4, 6, 12 point, spline, external Torx and rounded standard fasteners
- 15-degree offset head puts an end to knuckle grinding turns
- Smooth and protective finishes prevent rust while reducing friction
- Tough steel build delivers tons of torque
- Protected by a lifetime warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on September 21, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I could NOT have been more disappointed when I saw these great tools and on the back, Made in china. Makes me sick. If they were $25, I would not argue, but $50, that is crazy.
This is a great 2nd set of wrenches that will round out your collection. If you have no wrenches then I still think it is better to get the regular combo wrenches as these do not cover all sizes. It is a great second set though for when you come across the occasional oddball nut, or it is stripped.
Eagle Lake, TX
These and the matching metric wrenches are sound products useful in a wide variety of applications, furthermore they are perfectly sound in their primary function of holding and turning hex nuts and bolts. The only performance related issue is their relatively short length in the middle range of the wrenches. They are also incompatible with several of the available Craftsman storage options as they are unusually wide in the cross-section of the handle and short compared the full-polish products.
Despite a design contrary to the conventional wrench that what we are all used to, these wrenches work just as well as the old but are even more versatile. I purchased the whole sae set and intend on going back for the metric set next.
Salt Lake City, UT
I purchased these on Black Friday so I got them for a steal. I use them all day long while restoring a classic Mustang and they work great. If you don't have ratcheting wrenches yet get a set. SUPER convenient, especially when using them in tight spaces. I think the black powder coating looks awesome and keeps them looking clean (oil blends in) but that's all personal preference. The reason why I didn't give this set more stars is the heads are a little wider than my other sets and that kinda defeats the ratcheting function in tight spaces. Also, a couple of the wrenches' size stamping is shallow and hard to read. Lastly, they do not have a ratcheting directional arrow on them and are identical on both sides so its always a guess if you put the ratchet end on the tighten or loosen side until you try it. I used a Dremmel to etch my own arrows in them and that problem was solved. I give the product 4 * if you pick them up at Black Friday prices and 3 * at full price.
I would stick to 6 point wrenches if strong breaking points are needed. They work very well and are universal for all sizes, just not the same for those difficult fasteners.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.