Specifications & Dimensions
|Material:||High speed steel (HSS)|
|Included with Item:|
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Shank Diameter:||1/4 in.|
Ratings & Reviews
This Spade Bit Set Delivers
From ¼ to 1 inch, this spade bit set tears through studs, plywood and planks easily. Featuring a precision cutting tip that centers your hole perfectly, it’s a set you can count on when the job needs to get done. High speed steel construction delivers a long service life and edges that stay sharp through countless jobs, while the steel storage rack gives you the kind of organization you need to keep moving fast. A solid addition to any kit, whether in the shop or on site, get drilling with these spade bits, and get the job done right.
- Spade bit set includes: 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8, 15/16 and 1 in. TT spade bits plus a metal storage rack
- High speed steel construction stands up to tough working conditions
- Precision machining keep your holes on center
- Clear markings get the right size in your drill fast
- Great for drills and drill presses
- Storage rack fits in tool kits and bolts to benches and walls
- Built for boring wood, ply, OSB and particle board
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I have really used these bits a lot since buying them 4 months ago. The are strong, stay sharp and have clearly marked sizes. The metal storage rack is a little awkward, but beyonf that - they are a great value.
I bought this set only needing 1 bit at the present, but it was so economical just to put my money toward the entire set with future projects in mind. However, I had quite a few holes to drill with this one bit (half-inch size) and every hole turned out perfectly. I had no problems with the point dragging to another location while starting the holes. I had considered purchasing self-feeding bits, but it would not have been necessary--and I was even using a cordless lower voltage Craftsman drill which is lighter in weight than standard drills. I am quite happy with my purchase.
Bits are inferior quality to many out there on the market today. Buy someone elses bits. It is a shame as I have purchased craftsman tools for years and still recommend many craftsman products but these bits should not bear the craftsman label as they are inferior to most other bits at there.
Del Rio, TX
Traverse City, MI
The bits are typical for speed-boring bits, but they seem to be sharper because of the wide barbs on the edges. HOWEVER. don't be fooled by the holes in the rack like I was. If you try to mount it on a wall 3 bits fall through and all the wider ones drop to the rack and you can't see them or read the numbers. AND if you try to mount it on your benchtop (as in the image) then you cannot get the smallest 1/4" bit out because it only comes out through the bottom! What a stupid design for a nice looking rack. I ended up putting duct tape on the bottom, with holes to let the shafts through, and the stickyness of the tape keeps them in OK.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 30-Apr-2014 See details.
- MAX Member Exclusive. Choose FREE Store Pickup and Get 5% back in points! Offer ends 30-Jun-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get this Tool Item at a limited time Hot Price! Sold By Sears Offer ends 19-Apr-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 19-Apr-2014 See details.