|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (qt.):||.25|
|Color and Styling:|
|Edger Type:||Gas edger|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||65|
|Starter Type:||Pull Start|
|Included with Item:|
|Handles Fold For Easy Storage:||Yes|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Blade Width (in.):||9|
|Number of Cutting Positions:||6|
|Engine Brand:||Briggs & Stratton(r)|
|Engine Series:||Briggs and Stratton 550E|
|Engine Displacement (cc):||140|
|Maximum Torque (ft-lb):||5.5|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Adjustable Cutting Depth:||Yes|
|Cutting Width (In.):||9|
|Maximum Cut Depth:||2|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||2 Year Full Warranty|
|CARB Compliant:||CARB Compliant|
Ratings & Reviews
A Perfect Lawn with the 140cc Gas Edger
The Craftsman 140cc gas edger is the perfect tool to elevate your lawn to the next level. This edger features the dependable starting performance, longevity and durability of the 140cc* OHV 550 E series engine from Briggs & Stratton. Six cutting positions give you the versatility to easily adjust for different terrain with adjustable cutting depth.
This 140cc gas edger from Craftsman utilizes the power of a 9-inch steel blade, so has the durability to cut hard roots. Seven-inch front and 8-inch rear ball-bearing wheels give you control while you edge, while a 5-inch curb hop wheel provides great edging capability with a bevel cut. As an added bonus, this sleek red and black edger also includes a bonus trenching kit for deep rooting capability.
- Briggs & Stratton 140cc* OHV 550 E series (5.5 torque) engine – allows for dependable starting performance, durability & long life
- 9" Steel blade – durable, long-lasting & able to cut through the toughest roots
- 6 Cutting positions – easily adjusts for edging uneven ground & hard to reach roots
- 7" Front & 8" rear ball bearing wheels – rear ball bearing wheels provides superior control & durability
- 5" Curb hop wheel – allows for superior edging with a bevel cut near sidewalks, driveways, & other concrete areas
- 4-Wheel suspension system – provides added control & balance to maneuver around flower beds, sidewalks, & other tight areas
- Bonus trenching kit included – deep rooting capability to remove those unwanted weeds allowing for a more pristine, manicured lawn
- Craftsman 2-year full warranty
Added on January 15, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Well first off I ordered online which went very smooth. The description and reviews helped me purchase this unit. I went for easy store pick up. If you haven't done it do yourself a favor and try it. Its so fast you won't even have time to find a seat. They will load it up for you all you have to do is say thank you and drive away. I went home and tried it immediately. It took a couple of passes to get used to the power and handling. Also took some getting used to was lowering the blade. I cut the concrete a few times moving to a new area but again got use to it pretty quick and so will you. There is one thing no one ever mentions but when your trimming and you come to the end and its say blocked. By a wall, bricks, etc. there will be a little not finished. Some times theres just not enough room to turn machine around and finish. I just took some old scissors and finished it off . Its not much a few inches or so. The biggest thing to keep in mind is the amount of dirt that will be pulled up. For me that dirt was moist and if sits to long on concrete it will start to harden and be harder to sweep up. I always trim a section then sweep so it does not have a chance to set. Other then that it was easy to assemble. Machine was practically ready out of the box. Good luck
Corpus Christi, TX
My sidewalks were not so nice looking with grass growing every which way. I purchased the Craftsman Edger and it made short work of the problem. I now have perfectly manicured sidewalk edges and it took minimal effort to do. The Craftsman Edger did all of the work for me and all I did was guide the unit and then clean up the cuttings. I now have beautiful sidewalks! The unit seems very well constructed and should last for years.
This edger was more than I originally wanted to spend, but it was on sale and was a return so I took the chance. It works beyond my expectations. Easy to start and easy to use. I am glad I bought it.
I am so glad we got this new edger! My wife insisted, I thought the old one was fine. I changed my mind! I even did the neighbor's sidewalk. The ability to pivot the wheel to edge the curb worked great - and far easier to shift than expected. But the main thing I like is that that it is so easy to keep a straight line. Parts that hadn't been edged in forever (the edges around the garden in the back) did gum up the machine and actually caused it to stall, but hey, I was pushing it through moist clay that sticks to everything. I expected it to stall way before it did. This edger made a half day job into an hour and a half job - and most of that was cleaning up the grass and mud and putting it in the compost pile! I wish we had gotten this sooner.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 30-May-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 5% off Trimmers & Edgers items sold by Sears. Reflected in price shown Offer ends 25-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.