|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (qt.):||.25|
|Color and Styling:|
|Edger Type:||Gas edger|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||65|
|Starter Type:||Pull Start|
|Included with Item:|
|Handles Fold For Easy Storage:||Yes|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Blade Width (in.):||9|
|Number of Cutting Positions:||6|
|Engine Brand:||Briggs & Stratton(r)|
|Engine Series:||Briggs and Stratton 550E|
|Engine Displacement (cc):||140|
|Maximum Torque (ft-lb):||5.5|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Adjustable Cutting Depth:||Yes|
|Cutting Width (In.):||9|
|Maximum Cut Depth:||2|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||2 Year Full Warranty|
|CARB Compliant:||CARB Compliant|
Ratings & Reviews
A Perfect Lawn with the 140cc Gas Edger
The Craftsman 140cc gas edger is the perfect tool to elevate your lawn to the next level. This edger features the dependable starting performance, longevity and durability of the 140cc* OHV 550 E series engine from Briggs & Stratton. Six cutting positions give you the versatility to easily adjust for different terrain with adjustable cutting depth.
This 140cc gas edger from Craftsman utilizes the power of a 9-inch steel blade, so has the durability to cut hard roots. Seven-inch front and 8-inch rear ball-bearing wheels give you control while you edge, while a 5-inch curb hop wheel provides great edging capability with a bevel cut. As an added bonus, this sleek red and black edger also includes a bonus trenching kit for deep rooting capability.
- Briggs & Stratton 140cc* OHV 550 E series (5.5 torque) engine – allows for dependable starting performance, durability & long life
- 9" Steel blade – durable, long-lasting & able to cut through the toughest roots
- 6 Cutting positions – easily adjusts for edging uneven ground & hard to reach roots
- 7" Front & 8" rear ball bearing wheels – rear ball bearing wheels provides superior control & durability
- 5" Curb hop wheel – allows for superior edging with a bevel cut near sidewalks, driveways, & other concrete areas
- 4-Wheel suspension system – provides added control & balance to maneuver around flower beds, sidewalks, & other tight areas
- Bonus trenching kit included – deep rooting capability to remove those unwanted weeds allowing for a more pristine, manicured lawn
- Craftsman 2-year full warranty
Added on January 15, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I am so glad we got this new edger! My wife insisted, I thought the old one was fine. I changed my mind! I even did the neighbor's sidewalk. The ability to pivot the wheel to edge the curb worked great - and far easier to shift than expected. But the main thing I like is that that it is so easy to keep a straight line. Parts that hadn't been edged in forever (the edges around the garden in the back) did gum up the machine and actually caused it to stall, but hey, I was pushing it through moist clay that sticks to everything. I expected it to stall way before it did. This edger made a half day job into an hour and a half job - and most of that was cleaning up the grass and mud and putting it in the compost pile! I wish we had gotten this sooner.
Did an ok job - but the engine kept dieing - didn't cut through the tough roots very well. I was not "Wow'd" - but i will prob keep since it was a decent price point.
Ordered online for in store pickup . Almost fully assembled in box. Comes with extra blade that can be added for minor trenching. Added gas and the supplied oil, choked 3 times and pulled the chord. Started right up. Edged straight and crisp. Would buy again if needed, but looks to be built to last a lifetime.
I wanted an edger for use on my own lawn to care for about 150 feet of edge work. After considerable research and reading of reviews I finally settled on this edger. It was a great choice. I couldn't be happier with this edger. It starts with the first crank, and frankly a very easy one at that, and runs like a sewing machine. It has all the power that I need for my lawn work, even when the blade is lowered to the maximum depth. It is heavy enough that it doesn't bounce around during use, but light enough that it can be manhandled in just about any manner you choose and works well in areas with limited space. It leaves a very clean cut edge that I am proud to share with passers by. I am only into my first summer of use, but without question, I would make this purchase again.
I want an edger that will give a good, clean look around trees, flower beds, and sidewalks. I expect one that will start each time and work whether the ground is wet or dry. When I am finished, I expect it to look professionally done. Unfortunately, this product does NONE of the above. It is a very expensive piece of junk that does NOT work. The edge looks messy, the blade got bogged down every four feet, and it only started 50% of the time. I took it back, obviously. I am extremely disappointed when I am willing to shell out big bucks for something and it does not work.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 01-Nov-2014 See details.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 5% off this item. Extra savings reflected in price shown. Offer ends 25-Oct-2014 See details.