|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (qt.):||.25|
|Color and Styling:|
|Edger Type:||Gas edger|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||65|
|Starter Type:||Pull Start|
|Included with Item:|
|Handles Fold For Easy Storage:||Yes|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Blade Width (in.):||9|
|Number of Cutting Positions:||6|
|Engine Brand:||Briggs & Stratton(r)|
|Engine Series:||Briggs and Stratton 550E|
|Engine Displacement (cc):||140|
|Maximum Torque (ft-lb):||5.5|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Adjustable Cutting Depth:||Yes|
|Cutting Width (In.):||9|
|Maximum Cut Depth:||2|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||2 Year Full Warranty|
|CARB Compliant:||CARB Compliant|
Ratings & Reviews
A Perfect Lawn with the 140cc Gas Edger
The Craftsman 140cc gas edger is the perfect tool to elevate your lawn to the next level. This edger features the dependable starting performance, longevity and durability of the 140cc* OHV 550 E series engine from Briggs & Stratton. Six cutting positions give you the versatility to easily adjust for different terrain with adjustable cutting depth.
This 140cc gas edger from Craftsman utilizes the power of a 9-inch steel blade, so has the durability to cut hard roots. Seven-inch front and 8-inch rear ball-bearing wheels give you control while you edge, while a 5-inch curb hop wheel provides great edging capability with a bevel cut. As an added bonus, this sleek red and black edger also includes a bonus trenching kit for deep rooting capability.
- Briggs & Stratton 140cc* OHV 550 E series (5.5 torque) engine – allows for dependable starting performance, durability & long life
- 9" Steel blade – durable, long-lasting & able to cut through the toughest roots
- 6 Cutting positions – easily adjusts for edging uneven ground & hard to reach roots
- 7" Front & 8" rear ball bearing wheels – rear ball bearing wheels provides superior control & durability
- 5" Curb hop wheel – allows for superior edging with a bevel cut near sidewalks, driveways, & other concrete areas
- 4-Wheel suspension system – provides added control & balance to maneuver around flower beds, sidewalks, & other tight areas
- Bonus trenching kit included – deep rooting capability to remove those unwanted weeds allowing for a more pristine, manicured lawn
- Craftsman 2-year full warranty
Added on January 15, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Works great and good results. One major problem is created when the belt breaks. The engineering in this area could have been designed better to make it for the average person to replace the belt.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
This is the first time I have ever used a craftsman edger. It was easy to put together and easy to work with that my spouse and I had a discussion about who was using it first. Who won, me the wife. Thanks Sears.
Love the design, however the B&S engine has problems. My first one in April 2013 had governor issues. I'm about to return the second one because engine cuts out. It's not real bad now, but in a couple years could cost money. Too bad B&S can't get the Series 550 engine problems solved.
Virginia Beach, VA
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 30-Apr-2014 See details.
- MAX Member Exclusive. Choose FREE Store Pickup and Get 5% back in points! Offer ends 30-Jun-2014 See details.
- Get an EXTRA 5% OR No Interest for 12mos on Lawn & Garden items over $299 w/ Sears card Offer ends 26-Apr-2014 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! Extra 5% off Trimmers Sold by Sears. Valid until 5/3 5pm Offer ends 02-May-2014 See details.