Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||50.0 lbs.|
|Package Contents:||Miter Gauge, Saw Blade, Stand|
|Table Saw Style:||Bench Top Table Saw|
|Warranty Detail Link:||craftsman warranty|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman 10 Inch Table Saw: Make Every Cut Straight and True
With power, balance and accuracy, this Craftsman 10 Inch Table Saw delivers smooth cuts for perfect miters, mortises and tight fitting dados that will slip together tight and stay in one piece for decades. Built from rugged steel, this table saw is designed for years of heavy use, from home renovation, to yard projects to building the perfect tree house. Versatile, durable and packing enough power to slice through the toughest timber, this saw will be a workshop fixture for decades.
Easy to maneuver and ultra stable, the Craftsman 10 Inch Table Saw’s rip fence gives you solid backing whether you’re feeding planks, boards or full sheets of ply, and equipped with an adjustable anti-kickback pawl, every pass will be stable, true and safe. A solid start to a hardworking shop, this powerful table saw delivers professional performance at an entry level price. Stock your shop with Craftsman quality for a great cut that’s easy on the wallet.
- Includes: Table saw, 24T carbide tipped blade, stand, blade wrenches, hex keys, anti-kickback pawls, blade guard assembly, push stick, miter gauge, rip fence and operator's manual
- The Craftsman 10 inch table saw has a sheer table top for smooth cuts every time
- Potent 15 amp motor powers through tough materials cut after cut
- Easy to adjust miter gauge gives you quick, accurate control for tight bevels and corners
- Advanced guarding system delivers versatility and superior blade coverage in a safe package
- Upper guarding assembly installs via clamp with latching action
- Spreader easily repositions to lower riving knife position via a tool-free internal cam lever (lower riving knife position for non-thru cuts only)
- Push button assembly makes the anti-kickback pawl easy to use and safe
- Fence is quick release mounted for fast rip adjustment
- Large 25" x 17" steel table top work surface support a variety of material big and small
- Push stick table mount is quick to access and keep the worktop clutter free
- Durable steel stand delivers a stable, comfortable working height
- Large, flip on/off switch delivers fast access and quick control
- Rack and pinion blade height control delivers smooth, accurate adjustment even on the fly
- Setup: some assembly required
- Warranty: Craftsman one year limited
Added on October 21, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
This same saw is at HD for $119.99. Just different name. It's a Ryobi.
I bought this on black friday thinking if it's Craftsman, it can't be that bad. I didn't realize that the Evolv label meant it's "entry level" or for casual, non-precise use. The table-top is flimsy, the guide locks in crooked so easily I have to keep checking it with a triangle, and the sliding guide is cheap plastic that doesn't hold its angle well. I didn't realize that most other table saws have an extension to hold larger wood, this one doesn't, and now that I don't have it, I see how useful it could be. I wouldn't recommend this unless you're working on materials less than 2' in size, or you want to build a series of guides and tables around it to make up for its shortcomings.
Good saw overall, however it is a little bit light, so I had to use a cinder block to keep it from sliding around on the concrete floor. But, for the price you can't really do much better.
I bought this in a pinch and it works well as it is designed. The problem is it is not compatible with most add-on accessories. The miter gauge track is not common size so forget about getting a better miter gauge. The shank is not long enough for a dado blade. All in all a very simple light duty item.
Oklahoma City, OK
It's a good saw, have only been using it for smaller lumber. Install the kickback guard if you are going to be cutting small pieces as it will throw them very fast and far if they are small, lightweight and the guide is close to the blade. Also, the guide doesn't get perfectly straight by itself. There's a numeric guide on the front, but not on the back and it's easy to have the guide not parallel to the blade by 1/16 to 1/8.
I'll just add this observation: the second you need to make precise cuts, throw a dado on it, or do anything where you're working in 1/16ths, it's going to fall apart. There is a good benefit to a weak saw - it stalls before it kicks back. So if you do something dumb, the saw will die before you will. That isn't going to happen with a serious saw. Overall a frustrating product if you're looking for precision (and 1/16th is hardly precision). Nonetheless, it's handled tasks around here semi-admirably.