Specifications & Dimensions
|Overall Dimensions:||9 W x 10.27 H in.|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||2.1|
|Fits Brands/Models:||Craftsman Fits Most 16 and 32 Gallon Vacs Made Before 1988|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman 16 and 32 Gal. Filter Has 10x the Filter Area
Craftsman 16 and 32 gal. vacuum filter is a pleated paper filter rather than a traditional wet-dry vacuum foam filter. Because the paper is pleated, there is 10 times more surface area than traditional filters. It is also reusable, so you can clean it and replace it, saving you money and time. All it takes is a rinse with clean water to get these filters back in working order.
The Craftsman 16 and 32 gal. filter works for 12 different wet-dry vacuum models. These are the 9-1782, 9-1786, 9-1796, 9-17904, 9-1797, 9-1798, 9-17988, 9-17877, 9-17992, 9-17993, 9-17995 and 9-17967 models. The filter itself is only 9" W x 10.25" H, so you can store extras in the garage without taking up too much space. It is also very light, weighing only 2 pounds.
- Craftsman 16 and 32 gal. vacuum filter fits wet-dry vacuum models 9-1782, 9-1786, 9-1796, 9-17904, 9-1797, 9-1798, 9-17988, 9-17877, 9-17992, 9-17993, 9-17995 and 9-17967
- This filter's pleated paper surface covers 10 times more surface area than a foam filter
- Filter is reusable, so you can clean it and replace it in your machine as needed
- Filter dimensions are 9" W x 10.25" H
- Each filter weighs about 2 pounds
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I have an older shop vac which has given many years if good service and is still giving very good service. The problem is that this fine and very rugged vac takes a filter number 17809 (with an orange stripe), which is apparently no longer being offered by Sears for sale.
Now I ask you why would someone go to a Sears store rather than a ********** or *********** and buy a shop vac? Buy a shop vac of admitedly higher quality which will last many years and perhaps even be bargained for by ones children in order to have a cleaner shop. Why would one pay a premium price for a Sears product if the parts for that product were only going to be phased out in a few short years/
Doesn't make any sense to me that would would have to through out a perfectly good vac just because filters are no longer available.
Guess you know where I'm going to get my replacement.
Always liked the performance of item but not sure how much longer it will be available. Had difficult time locating. Doesn't pay to take care of equipment anymore sorry to say.
Pinellas Park, FL
The filter worked well and it's definitely in a great condition and durable. I would highly recommend others to get it.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
This is the only filter that fits my old, (pre 1988) Sears shop vac. The vac still works well and it is worth it to get a filter every few years.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! Get $5 back in Shop Your Way Points with a qualifying $50 Tool Purchase.Sold by Sears. Offer ends 28-Feb-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Diamond accent Heart Earrings for $29.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.