Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||1.4|
|Type:||Rubber mallet/plastic tip|
|Handle Length (in.):||13|
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Head Weight:||16 oz.|
Ratings & Reviews
16-Ounce Rubber Mallet Has a Gentler Touch
When your job requires a softer hit, the Craftsman 16-ounce rubber mallet is the tool you will want on hand. Whether you are working with plaster aluminum, or simply need help with getting a dent out, that's when you pick up this tool and not worry about damaging your project. The soft rubber head of the mallet is a light 16 ounces, making it very easy to work with. The head is also resistant to oil and water - elements that are sure to be found in a garage or work site, where it will be used the most.
The strength of the 16-ounce rubber mallet is evident by the strong and sturdy hickory handle. You don't want this mallet slipping out of your hands while you swing it. The hickory handle measures 13 inches which gives you plenty of room to give it a good grip and absorb the shock of each blow.
- Craftsman 16-ounce rubber mallet is made of natural rubber that is resistant to oil and water
- Mallet is great for jobs that require a more gentle touch, such as hammering out dents
- Strong and sturdy handle is made of hickory
- Handle measure 13 inches, which gives you lots of length for a good grip
- Hickory handle is great for shock absorption with each swing and hit
- Total weight of mallet is 1.4 pounds
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on April 15, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Okay, for hammering down those objects where you don't want to scratch the stuff or create too many dents, this does the job. I'll be using this to put those plastic nails into the backyard to install my badminton/volleyball net. The metal hammers usually break those plastic pegs.
South Portland, ME
After using a rubber mallet that was 20 plus years old getting dry rotted and breaking apart it was time for upgrade. I'm glad I did this craftsman rubber mallet is top quality and made to last another 20 years.
There is much to say about a rubber mallet,.... Seems well balanced and sturdily built. Has the craftsman name so though I haven't checked specifically I believe it holds the hand tool lifetime warranty. Which I doubt would ever be needed as it is well made.
Lake City, AR
We went out of our way to purchase this Craftsman mallet because it had good reviews and Sears is known for quality. Within five minutes of when we first started using it, the head came off. We discovered that it had only been affixed with a very small bead of hot melt glue. We were very disappointed and expected better from Sears and a "Made in the USA" Craftsman product. Hot melt glue is totally inadequate for attaching a 16 oz. rubber head to a wooden handle. You'd think they could come up with something better than that.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 30-Apr-2014 See details.
- MAX Member Exclusive. Choose FREE Store Pickup and Get 5% back in points! Offer ends 30-Jun-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.