Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Head Weight:||16 oz.|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||1.4|
|Type:||Rubber mallet/plastic tip|
|Handle Length (in.):||13|
Ratings & Reviews
16-Ounce Rubber Mallet Has a Gentler Touch
When your job requires a softer hit, the Craftsman 16-ounce rubber mallet is the tool you will want on hand. Whether you are working with plaster aluminum, or simply need help with getting a dent out, that's when you pick up this tool and not worry about damaging your project. The soft rubber head of the mallet is a light 16 ounces, making it very easy to work with. The head is also resistant to oil and water - elements that are sure to be found in a garage or work site, where it will be used the most.
The strength of the 16-ounce rubber mallet is evident by the strong and sturdy hickory handle. You don't want this mallet slipping out of your hands while you swing it. The hickory handle measures 13 inches which gives you plenty of room to give it a good grip and absorb the shock of each blow.
- Craftsman 16-ounce rubber mallet is made of natural rubber that is resistant to oil and water
- Mallet is great for jobs that require a more gentle touch, such as hammering out dents
- Strong and sturdy handle is made of hickory
- Handle measure 13 inches, which gives you lots of length for a good grip
- Hickory handle is great for shock absorption with each swing and hit
- Total weight of mallet is 1.4 pounds
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on April 15, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
this 16ounce rubber mallet is rugged and durable I've used many and this mallet takes the cake with it's incredibly strong hickory handle makes doing jobs simple great addition to my hammer collection
Purchased this ahead of a condo remodel and has been a great go-to for various plumbing needs to get small and large pieces alike into proper place without fear of damaging anything. Feels well put together and sturdy in-hand as I tap away!
The quality seems good on this. I didn't think this would be a tool I would use very often, but I ended up using it the same day I opened the box and then several times in the week since. I'm glad I bought it.
This item is not as described! Item appears to have a grey black handle made of plastic or fiber glass in picture. Item really has a wooden -wood grain brown handle. This is a durability concern.
El Sobrante, CA
This is not a tool I will use very frequently, but it is very handy to have this when I DO need it. Previously, I would have to jerry rig something to avoid damage when using a hammer. Now I can pound away. This is perfect for resealing paint cans and such without damaging the rims of the lids. My only concern is that the head may fall off the handle.
I was able to safely and effectively "hammer" boards into a tight space without worrying about damaging any of them. The mallet feels much sturdier than one might imagine when purchasing it online.
I bought this hammer specifically to use for ikea products. Pro: relatively light weight Con: price is little bit too steep since I bought it at MSRP
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.