Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Head Weight:||16 oz.|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||1.4|
|Type:||Rubber mallet/plastic tip|
|Handle Length (in.):||13|
Ratings & Reviews
16-Ounce Rubber Mallet Has a Gentler Touch
When your job requires a softer hit, the Craftsman 16-ounce rubber mallet is the tool you will want on hand. Whether you are working with plaster aluminum, or simply need help with getting a dent out, that's when you pick up this tool and not worry about damaging your project. The soft rubber head of the mallet is a light 16 ounces, making it very easy to work with. The head is also resistant to oil and water - elements that are sure to be found in a garage or work site, where it will be used the most.
The strength of the 16-ounce rubber mallet is evident by the strong and sturdy hickory handle. You don't want this mallet slipping out of your hands while you swing it. The hickory handle measures 13 inches which gives you plenty of room to give it a good grip and absorb the shock of each blow.
- Craftsman 16-ounce rubber mallet is made of natural rubber that is resistant to oil and water
- Mallet is great for jobs that require a more gentle touch, such as hammering out dents
- Strong and sturdy handle is made of hickory
- Handle measure 13 inches, which gives you lots of length for a good grip
- Hickory handle is great for shock absorption with each swing and hit
- Total weight of mallet is 1.4 pounds
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on April 15, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
This item is not as described! Item appears to have a grey black handle made of plastic or fiber glass in picture. Item really has a wooden -wood grain brown handle. This is a durability concern.
El Sobrante, CA
This is not a tool I will use very frequently, but it is very handy to have this when I DO need it. Previously, I would have to jerry rig something to avoid damage when using a hammer. Now I can pound away. This is perfect for resealing paint cans and such without damaging the rims of the lids. My only concern is that the head may fall off the handle.
I was able to safely and effectively "hammer" boards into a tight space without worrying about damaging any of them. The mallet feels much sturdier than one might imagine when purchasing it online.
I bought this hammer specifically to use for ikea products. Pro: relatively light weight Con: price is little bit too steep since I bought it at MSRP
I needed a rubber mallet instead of a traditional hammer for some projects around the house. This got the job done perfectly, and was a great price. It's been 3+ months now since I bought it and it is still in fantastic condition. These things are useful and I never realized how handy they would be!
this hammer is okay for the price. I bought it to use in the machinist field. The best part is that it's craftsman guaranteed forever. I wish the hammer was built a little more strong.
Works as one would think...its a rubber mallet. The only thing to note is that the handle is shown as grey, when I went to pick it up suprised me when it was a natural hickory finish, not an issue just a suprise.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.