Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||18.74|
|Marking Text Size:||Standard|
|Number of Tools:||165|
|Material:||Contains a plethora of great mechanics tools at an afforable price|
|Units Type:||SAE and Metric|
|Included with Item:|
|Number of Additional Tools:||2|
|Number of Bits:||31|
|Number of Drive Tools:||1|
|Number of Extensions:||2|
|Number of Hex Keys:||22|
|Number of Quick Release Ratchets:||3|
|Number of Sockets:||92|
|Number of Wrenches:||12|
|Drive Socket Depth:||Deep and standard|
|Socket Points:||6 & 12|
Ratings & Reviews
165-Pc Mechanics Tool Set for Professionals and Do-It-Yourselfers Alike
Whether you're a professional mechanic or a do-it-yourselfer, the Craftsman 165-pc mechanics tool set has most everything you need to tackle the most challenging job. Designed to meet all your basic needs from assembling a new grill or bicycle to working on the family vehicle, this mechanics tool set is ideal for around the home, in the garage or at the worksite.
The finely-crafted 165-pc mechanics tool set is made of alloyed steel and will last you a lifetime. It includes an impressive plethora of tools for getting the job done: sockets in three drive sizes; ratchets in each drive size; extension bars; universal joints; combination wrenches in both standard and metric sizes; nut driver and screwdriver bits; magnetic bit driver; and hex keys. And all this is neatly organized in a sturdy black storage case. There's no need to put off that troublesome job when you have all the tools you need right at the ready.
- The Craftsman 165-pc mechanics tool set includes an assortment of high quality tools
- Perfect for the professional or do-it-yourselfer alike
- The set features both standard and metric units
- Included are 92 sockets in three drive sizes; 3 ratchets in each drive size; 2 extension bars; 2 universal joints; 12 combination wrenches; 12 nut driver bits; 19 screwdriver bits; 2 magnetic bit drivers; and 22 hex keys
- Sockets come in 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" drive sizes, with deep and standard depths
- A sturdy storage case neatly organizes the tools
- Total weight: 18.74 pounds
Added on June 06, 2013
Overall, others give this:
We bought this for the son-in-law who is just learning to do his own repairs on his daughter's clunker. This is an all around starter kit that should include everything he needs
This tool set has everything needed in a convenient case to take with you to the junk yard or to have in your vehicle for those unexpected breakdowns. It offers a variety of tools in various sizes in one case that is easy to store in your vehicle or in your garage.
I was looking for something to carry around in my truck without having to put a tool box in the bed. This little kit worked great. Slides under the rear seat and is out of the way. Found myself using to more and more as time goes by. Only thing i see wrong with it is they need to make a set that has pliers and maybe a small crescent wrench, then they would have the perfect tool kit
Sterling Heights, MI
I purchased this set with existing points at a time when sears was offering a nice discount on mechanic tool sets. For the money , it's a good buy. I have 255 piece set I purchased from Sears 3 years ago and it's holding up well. The only downside I have with the ratchets is that the reverse switch free wheels easily at times when used hard. The switch should have been designed more precisely to stay in the forward position or reverse position. Sometimes the ratchets just don't want to stay engaged. Other then that, the tools are on par with craftsman's modern build quality.
Has four clips on the side which is great because after long term use most two clip cases have one side start to give and things can all out, but with the four clips this should hold up much nicer in the long run. There is also a nice cover for the top half that opens so none of your pieces fall out like in most other cases. The only down side is all the sockets on the bottom half of the case don't really have a nice tight placement in the case, so be careful, they do fall out easily if you open it too hard or at a steep angle.
this is a prime sample of the great value from sears and craftsman. this set is very practical and useful. i am a home builder and it has been handy to have in my pick-up tool box.
El Paso, TX
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.