Craftsman 16'' Variable Speed Scroll Saw (21602)Item# 00921602000 | Model# 21602
Specifications & Dimensions
|Dust Port Outside Diameter (in):||1.25|
|Table Dimensions (LxW):||17-1/8 x 10-1/4 in.|
|Table Dimensions with Extensions:||17-1/8 x 10-1/4 in.|
|General Warranty:||One Year|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||37.93|
|Package Contents:||Dust Port, Dust Collection, Blade, Blade Wrench, Dust Blower|
|Variable Trigger Speed:||Yes|
|Cord Length (ft.):||6|
|Cord Management:||Manual Wrap|
|Cord Type:||14 gauge|
|Blade Stroke Length:||3/4 in.|
|Guides & Instructions:|
|Table Material:||Cast iron|
|Table Tilt Range:||Left 45 deg.|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
Ratings & Reviews
16" Variable Speed Saw Provides Powerful Performance
This Craftsman Scroll Saw measures 16 inches from blade to throat's so it's as versatile as it is powerful. This variable speed saw provides from 400 to 1600 strokes per minute, giving you the versatility you need to cut through soft and hard woods, as well as plastic and soft metals. A large cast iron work table with up to 45-degree tilt also allows you to really expand your bag of tricks with fancy moves like bevel cutting.
This 16" Variable Speed Saw was made with the understanding that after all that hard work, no one has the energy to clean up a big mess. Fortunately, the multi-directional dust blower on this Craftsman scroll saw does the dirty work for you, keeping the cutting line free of dust and debris so you can focus all your energy on precision. Make the rest of cleanup a breeze by utilizing the shop vac-compatible dust extraction port and stashing your extra blades in the convenient on-board storage.
- This 1.6-Amp Craftsman Scroll Saw offers a 60 Hz motor and operates at 120 Volts.
- Variable speed (400-1600 spm) cuts through soft or hard woods, plastic and soft metals.
- Large (17-1/8" x 10-1/4") cast iron table tilts up to 45 degrees for bevel cutting.
- Accepts standard five-inch pin and plain-end blades.
- Two-inch maximum cutting thickness at 90 degrees, one-inch at 45 degrees, 16-inch depth of throat
- Multi-directional dust blower keeps cutting line free of dust and debris.
- Dust extraction port (1-1/4") connects to shop vacuum for easy cleanup.
- On-board storage conveniently holds extra blades.
- Kit includes four pin and blank-end blades, blade wrench
- Weight: 37.93 lbs. (17.2 kb)
- Product comes with owner's manual and Craftsman warranty.
- Some assembly required
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I purchased locally and, because I had researched online, I was given the online price which was cheaper than in-store price. When I opened the box, the saw was sitting crooked and had leaked oil. It took about 30 min. to wipe it clean before being able to remove it from the carton. Everything else went pretty smooth. The saw is very quiet and easy to operate. It is equipped with a blower tube to keep dust from the work plate. That does not blow hard enough and dust accumulates around the blade. I have to stop about every 10 min. to brush the dust away manually. The vacuum attachment keeps the dust removed below the work plate pretty good. I do recommend this saw but, be patient and read the manual in its entirety first. Good luck!
Honea Path, SC
Was not a fan of this saw... found it very hard to use overall. Changing blades was a pain, the blower didn't blow and overall cou;dn't make the precise cuts I was looking to make. Was able to do most of the work I needed with a handheld Dremel.
Great saw but my only issue is fastening a pinless blade proved to be a challenge. Having to use the t-hex tool as opposed to a fixed **** was a bother. To fasten blade in the place the entire retaining clip would swivel in the direction that would cause the blade to pivot and not fasten correctly. I took knobs from my old ryobi and installed those in my craftsman to enhance my experience.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Owned this saw for a couple of weeks. Changing blades is awkward, but gets easier with practice. Not easy to make accurate cuts in thicker (over 3/4") hardwood stock.
San Diego, CA
I'm starting carpentry as a hobby making toys. After reading about the tools needed for crafting small pieces, I decided to buy this scroll saw and works perfectly for my purposes. Excellent for me!
This is a very good saw. It does what you need it to do, and it does it well. Learning how to use a scroll saw properly can be the hardest part about operating this, but once you get the hang of it the saw Is just fantastic.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Diamond accent Heart Earrings for $29.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get 15% off Craftsman or DieHard work boots with online tool purchase. Offer ends 07-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.