Craftsman 17428 Nextec 12-volt Cordless Compact 1/4'' Impact Driver ENERGY STAR®Item# 00917428000 | Model# 17428
Specifications & Dimensions
|Chuck Size:||1/4 in.|
|Weight - Battery Installed (lbs):||2.3|
|Weight - Excluding Battery (lbs):||1.8|
|360 deg. Swivel Head:||No|
|Chuck Key Type:||Keyless|
|Drill Chuck Quality:||Standard|
|Individual, Kit or Set:||Kit|
|Maximum Torque (in-lb):||830 in./lbs.|
|Included with Item:|
|Battery Included:||Battery Included|
|Belt Clip Included:||No|
|Bubble Level Included:||No|
|Charger Included:||Charger Included|
|Contents:||Impact Driver, Battery, Charger and Case|
|Number of Batteries Included:||1|
|General Warranty:||1 year|
|Battery Amp Hours (Ah):||1.3|
|Battery Type:||Lithium ion|
|Charge Time (Hrs.):||0.5|
|Number of Batteries Required:||1|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||Yes|
Ratings & Reviews
Work Faster and Better with the 12-volt Compact 1/4'' Impact Driver from Craftsman
The Craftsman Nextec 1/4'' Impact Driver delivers 810"/lbs. of torque in both directions - forward and reverse. This power can help you easily screw down boards, planks and decking timber also applying different types of bolts and fasteners is made easy. A high torque combined with the 0-300 BPM and 0-2200 RPM makes this tool versatile and allows it to be used for a wide range of applications including heavy-duty applications. You can use it as a drill to bore holes with the help of a bit or to install windows.
Ease of operation is the main advantage of the 12-volt Compact 1/4'' Impact Driver. With a soft grip handle, the design is compact and ergonomic. Despite the powerful torque the impact driver doesn't cause weight-related user fatigue. Its variable speed trigger allows you to adjust the speed according to the material you are working with. Get precise performance and save time with this easy to use tool.
- The Craftsman Nextec 1/4'' Impact Driver is a versatile tool that can be used for auto work, woodwork and metal work
- Cordless driver with its compact ergonomic design and soft-grip handle offers excellent maneuverability in confined spaces
- Charge time of 30 minutes increase your work efficiency and you can get more done easily
- 810 lbs. of forward/reverse torque allows for one-handed easy driving
- Variable speed combined with the electric brake makes this an easy tool to work with
- LED work light illuminates any work surface with ease
- Driver is powered by a 12 Volt lithium ion battery
- It's available in gray
- Chuck Size: 1/4 in.
- One year limited warranty
- Energy Star Qualified
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
South Boston, VA
This cordless impact is my latest nextec on the bench. Nextec batteries are great and having other nextec tools always provides a quick change to another battery if needed. A real compact work horse for the money!!
Pompano Beach, FL
This is the second impact driver I purchased. The first is 5 years old and still going strong. The 2nd was purchased to keep in my shed work area to eliminate the back and forth to my work shop. The Nextec 12 volt set hasn't let me down.
The driver works incredibly well and can get into the small spaces that the larger 18 volt units cannot get into with almost as much torque. The light coming on before it starts turning is very handy also.
Tried this little guy on some three inch wood screws I needed to drive on a project in my home. Needed a pilot hole but then it zipped the screws right in even countersunk them a bit. For around the house DIY work it is going to be a very useful tool. For larger jobs or driving many long screws or lag bolts I think you need to consider 19 or 20 volt models.
I bought this and have already used it several times. It does a good job of driving in screws where a regular driver would start to slip. The impact hammer mechanism is loud, but not so much more than other impact drivers I've used. Overall I am happy with my purchase.
I love this handy little driver. Have had it over a year now and I use it to removed aircraft panel screws. Never had a problem removing a screw unless it was stripped out. Lots of power and plenty of battery life. I also like the handy work light. The lithium battery charges charges up quick. On top off all that, the carrying case is extremely nice and holds a spare battery. A definite must buy.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.