Craftsman 17428 Nextec 12-volt Cordless Compact 1/4'' Impact Driver ENERGY STAR®Item# 00917428000 | Model# 17428
Specifications & Dimensions
|Chuck Size:||1/4 in.|
|Weight - Battery Installed (lbs):||2.3|
|Weight - Excluding Battery (lbs):||1.8|
|360 deg. Swivel Head:||No|
|Chuck Key Type:||Keyless|
|Drill Chuck Quality:||Standard|
|Individual, Kit or Set:||Kit|
|Maximum Torque (in-lb):||830 in./lbs.|
|Included with Item:|
|Battery Included:||Battery Included|
|Belt Clip Included:||No|
|Bubble Level Included:||No|
|Charger Included:||Charger Included|
|Contents:||Impact Driver, Battery, Charger and Case|
|Number of Batteries Included:||1|
|General Warranty:||1 year|
|Battery Amp Hours (Ah):||1.3|
|Battery Type:||Lithium ion|
|Charge Time (Hrs.):||0.5|
|Number of Batteries Required:||1|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||Yes|
Ratings & Reviews
Work Faster and Better with the 12-volt Compact 1/4'' Impact Driver from Craftsman
The Craftsman Nextec 1/4'' Impact Driver delivers 810"/lbs. of torque in both directions - forward and reverse. This power can help you easily screw down boards, planks and decking timber also applying different types of bolts and fasteners is made easy. A high torque combined with the 0-300 BPM and 0-2200 RPM makes this tool versatile and allows it to be used for a wide range of applications including heavy-duty applications. You can use it as a drill to bore holes with the help of a bit or to install windows.
Ease of operation is the main advantage of the 12-volt Compact 1/4'' Impact Driver. With a soft grip handle, the design is compact and ergonomic. Despite the powerful torque the impact driver doesn't cause weight-related user fatigue. Its variable speed trigger allows you to adjust the speed according to the material you are working with. Get precise performance and save time with this easy to use tool.
- The Craftsman Nextec 1/4'' Impact Driver is a versatile tool that can be used for auto work, woodwork and metal work
- Cordless driver with its compact ergonomic design and soft-grip handle offers excellent maneuverability in confined spaces
- Charge time of 30 minutes increase your work efficiency and you can get more done easily
- 810 lbs. of forward/reverse torque allows for one-handed easy driving
- Variable speed combined with the electric brake makes this an easy tool to work with
- LED work light illuminates any work surface with ease
- Driver is powered by a 12 Volt lithium ion battery
- It's available in gray
- Chuck Size: 1/4 in.
- One year limited warranty
- Energy Star Qualified
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Well I have used this 1 for about 2 years. The driver itself is plenty powerful for its intended purposes and the batteries last a decent amount of time. I use mine 2 weeks at a time off and on and the battery lasts the whole time.
Great for those smaller, tight fit jobs. This is lighter than a normal Impact Driver which equals less fatigue. Sad to see NexTec tools are getting DC'd. I bought this one on the clearance rack and saved $$$
This is the best purchase I made. I have used it on a variety of projects and am very impressed with the power and torque. It drives screws and nails easily, and made disassembling an old playset quick. The battery lasts forever as well. I had been using my old power drill for these types of projects where I wanted to use an impact driver, because I didn't think it would be that much different, but it's the best $50 i spent. Battery charges quickly as well...would definitely buy again!
The price is worth the product.
This impact driver is comparable to much more expensive drivers on the market. Great power, great quality and the battery life has been better than expected!
Used one for many years as an in-home service tech. When I retired I missed having one, so the last time I was at the store I purchased my own. This has enough power to snap a 5/16th lag bolt. So it's size belies it's power!
Run well but power level drops off quickly
I have been using the Impact Driver on 2 1/2 inch screws. It has worked like a champ. Now if I can just get better bits to go with it. The cheaper bits I have been using with drills have not held up so well. I have not tried it yet on 3 inch screws. Oh, i do drill a small pilot hole to minimized the wood splitting. I am very impressed with this tool.
Sterling Heights, MI
This is a great compliment to any regular drill. If you never had an impact, do yourself a favor and pick one up. The quality is great. this comes with a battery and a charger.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get 8-pack Washcloths for $2.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 30-May-2015 See details.
- Members get $15 back in points on a qualifying purchase of $75 or more. Items sold by Sears. Offer ends 26-May-2015 See details.