Specifications & Dimensions
|Bevel Capacity:||0-45 deg.|
|General Warranty:||1 year|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||6.0|
|Cord Length (ft.):||6|
|Blade Type:||Jig saw|
|Integrated Blade Storage:||Yes|
|Number of Cutting Positions:||3|
|Saw Style:||Orbital and straight|
Ratings & Reviews
4.5-Amp Corded Jig Saw Has Power, Versatility
Great for anyone who needs or wants to get things done around the house, the Craftsman Evolv 4.5-Amp Corded Jig Saw is perfect for work where precision is demanded. With a 4.5-amp, 800-3000 SPM motor, the saw has the power to cut through many materials, from plywood to particleboard, floor boards to metal. A two-finger trigger switch makes operation easy, while a variable dial allows for precise control of speed. A lock-on switch allows for continuous operation while leaving your hands free to work the saw.
With a number of settings you can customize, the 4.5-Amp Corded Jig Saw can adapt to your project. A base that can move 0 to 45 degrees can adjust left to right for bevel cutting. A three-position orbital action lever lets you select straight action for metal or another setting for aggressive cutting.
- The Craftsman Evolv 4.5-Amp Corded Jig Saw gives you the precision some jobs demand
- Its motor is powerful enough to cut through materials including metal, making it a versatile tool for a number of jobs around the home
- With a two-finger control switch and an intuitive dial that lets you set the speed, the jigsaw is easy to use out of the box
- Less time spent figuring out the saw leaves you more time for your project
- The saw comes with a vacuum connection that makes cleanup easy, two blades, an Allen key, edge guide and manual
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on October 25, 2009
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
best saw on the market for the price of 30 dollars this craftsman 4.5amp jig saw prodly will cut through 3/4inch plywood with very little effort and this jigsaw even cuts through 3/4 inch metal sheeting with ease i have owned my craftsman evolv for about 7months i use it ever day this is one of the most reliable jigsaw iv owned. and this jigsaw has many features that allow for precise cutting i highly recommend the craftsman evolv to anyone looking for a very reliable and very durible jig saw for a resonable price!!
I like this one over the longer and taller jigsaw that Sears sells. This one is lighter and won't tire my arm as fast as the other bigger ones and is sharp enough and fast enough to get done most around-the-home jobs.
THE JIGSAW WAS LARGER AND HEAVIER THAN I EXPECTED BUT FELT LIKE IT WAS WELL MADE. I BECAME A LITTLE FRUSTRATED WHEN I WAS UNABLE TO SECURE THE BLADE AS TIGHTLY AS I THOUGHT IT SHOULD BE.. PRIOR EXPERIENCE WITH JIG SAWS TAUGHT ME TO FIRMLY SECURE THE BLADE IN ORDER TO FOLLOW YOUR PROJECT OUTLINE. I'VE ONLY HAD THE SAW ABOUT A WEEK AND HAVEN'T HAD A NEED TO ATTEMPT ANY SCROLL WORK. I WILL UPDATE THIS REPORT IF NOT HAPPY WITH .THE WORK PRODUCT.
You can probably get one that's more expensive and does more things but this one is good for around the home tasks. It has a speed setting on the top and a lock on the trigger to keep it running although I probably wouldn't recommend that. I like that the blade locks in good without requiring a screwdriver. Another more expensive Craftsman jigsaw that costs 2X the price has the blade that easily slips off.
State College, PA
This is a well built espeacially for the price of the tool it's durability is second to none and has a tool free blade change plus it comes with guides to help you cut straight that is very useful and handy and easy to use
Nice tool and great quality. Love how easy to use it is and gets jobs done quick. I'm so glad I chose to add this tool to my collection. Nice that It has spot for blades too
Needed a new jig saw to assist my son with a project. Have always bought Craftsman tools at Sears. Found this on sale and had a coupon. Ended up giving it to my son. Is corded but did what we needed. Giid buy - good Craftsman quality.
I love this new exicting product. It will help me while doing my professional side jobs in construction. Anything Craftsman is considered the Best in my Book My best Christmas present EVER!
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 30-Apr-2014 See details.
- MAX Member Exclusive. Choose FREE Store Pickup and Get 5% back in points! Offer ends 30-Jun-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Extra 15% off select Air Tools, Mechanics Tools and Specialty Power Tools! Sold by Sears. Offer ends 19-Apr-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 19-Apr-2014 See details.