Specifications & Dimensions
|Bevel Capacity:||0-45 deg.|
|General Warranty:||1 year|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||6.0|
|Cord Length (ft.):||6|
|Blade Type:||Jig saw|
|Integrated Blade Storage:||Yes|
|Number of Cutting Positions:||3|
|Saw Style:||Orbital and straight|
Ratings & Reviews
4.5-Amp Corded Jig Saw Has Power, Versatility
Great for anyone who needs or wants to get things done around the house, the Craftsman Evolv 4.5-Amp Corded Jig Saw is perfect for work where precision is demanded. With a 4.5-amp, 800-3000 SPM motor, the saw has the power to cut through many materials, from plywood to particleboard, floor boards to metal. A two-finger trigger switch makes operation easy, while a variable dial allows for precise control of speed. A lock-on switch allows for continuous operation while leaving your hands free to work the saw.
With a number of settings you can customize, the 4.5-Amp Corded Jig Saw can adapt to your project. A base that can move 0 to 45 degrees can adjust left to right for bevel cutting. A three-position orbital action lever lets you select straight action for metal or another setting for aggressive cutting.
- The Craftsman Evolv 4.5-Amp Corded Jig Saw gives you the precision some jobs demand
- Its motor is powerful enough to cut through materials including metal, making it a versatile tool for a number of jobs around the home
- With a two-finger control switch and an intuitive dial that lets you set the speed, the jigsaw is easy to use out of the box
- Less time spent figuring out the saw leaves you more time for your project
- The saw comes with a vacuum connection that makes cleanup easy, two blades, an Allen key, edge guide and manual
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on October 25, 2009
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
best saw on the market for the price of 30 dollars this craftsman 4.5amp jig saw prodly will cut through 3/4inch plywood with very little effort and this jigsaw even cuts through 3/4 inch metal sheeting with ease i have owned my craftsman evolv for about 7months i use it ever day this is one of the most reliable jigsaw iv owned. and this jigsaw has many features that allow for precise cutting i highly recommend the craftsman evolv to anyone looking for a very reliable and very durible jig saw for a resonable price!!
I bought this item cause I love craftsman tools ...I got a mechanic set also I have found very reliable along with my jig saw and reciprocating saw also...I would recommend craftsman tools to other people
College Station, TX
Bought this for a small project and couldn't be happier. Comes with two blades and is very simply to put together and operate. About the same price as the cheaper saws found at ***** but feels better made than the others.
I don't do a lot of wood working so I opted for the smaller powered saw vs. the 5amp Craftsman offers. Needless to say I was very satisfied with how this saw worked. I was cutting 3/4 pressure treated plywood and it cut right through with no problems. And the vacuum attachment is a great addition, too!
Great product for the price. Really easy to handle. I had to cut off my new counter top to install the cooktop and the sink and it really did very good. Depending on the job, you would need to get a couple extra Saws jigsaw.
For the price this is an outstanding saw. Simple features, good weight, and quality build paired with a name like Craftsman and you're good to go. For the average weekend homeowner with occasional use I expect this to last for years and years.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.