Specifications & Dimensions
|Bevel Capacity:||0-45 deg.|
|General Warranty:||1 year|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||6.0|
|Warranty Detail Link:||craftsman warranty|
|Cord Length (ft.):||6|
|Blade Type:||Jig saw|
|Integrated Blade Storage:||Yes|
|Number of Cutting Positions:||3|
|Saw Style:||Orbital and straight|
Ratings & Reviews
4.5-Amp Corded Jig Saw Has Power, Versatility
Great for anyone who needs or wants to get things done around the house, the Craftsman Evolv 4.5-Amp Corded Jig Saw is perfect for work where precision is demanded. With a 4.5-amp, 800-3000 SPM motor, the saw has the power to cut through many materials, from plywood to particleboard, floor boards to metal. A two-finger trigger switch makes operation easy, while a variable dial allows for precise control of speed. A lock-on switch allows for continuous operation while leaving your hands free to work the saw.
With a number of settings you can customize, the 4.5-Amp Corded Jig Saw can adapt to your project. A base that can move 0 to 45 degrees can adjust left to right for bevel cutting. A three-position orbital action lever lets you select straight action for metal or another setting for aggressive cutting.
- The Craftsman Evolv 4.5-Amp Corded Jig Saw gives you the precision some jobs demand
- Its motor is powerful enough to cut through materials including metal, making it a versatile tool for a number of jobs around the home
- With a two-finger control switch and an intuitive dial that lets you set the speed, the jigsaw is easy to use out of the box
- Less time spent figuring out the saw leaves you more time for your project
- The saw comes with a vacuum connection that makes cleanup easy, two blades, an Allen key, edge guide and manual
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on October 25, 2009
Overall, others give this:
Used to cut out pieces when laying laminate flooring in my living room over the weekend. This tool has tremendous power and is very easy to use. I'd give five stars if the dust remover attachment was bigger to fit my shop vac, if the front clear plastic piece seemed more durable, and if it also had a tool less bevel adjustment. But all in all, the tool less blade change and the power of this jig saw were very impressive especially for the price.
Moreno Valley, CA
Love the variable speed for different materials or size or workplace. And the cut style on the side change for wood or metal or scrolling. Easy change blades, and I bought off-brand blades for different cutting. Great price! Haven't used the dust collection
I bought the Evolv Jig to make Halloween lawn figures out of plywood. I'm pretty new to jig saws so I just went by other reviews when looking for one. It was very easy to use (I didn't even read the instructions) and after going back to the store to look into different saw blades to cut the plywood w/out splinters. It worked awesome! The blades that come with it are very aggressive. My husband, who locks up or hides his tools from our boys & I think me, was even very impressed. Love the quick change blades & storage compartment.
The instructions dont really explain how to use it, however, once you figure out the bit in and out, then its pretty good. I havent tried it on anything significant yet, but if you need a jig saw for a quick job, this is pretty easy to use. It'll do a good job, and doesnt cost much.
- Qualifying Orders $59 + SHIP FREE Offer ends 10-Jul-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 10% off select tools Sold by Sears. Valid thru 5/25/13. Offer ends 25-May-2013 See details.