Specifications & Dimensions
|Battery Voltage (V):||12.0 volts|
|Charge Time (Hrs.):||0.3|
|Included with Item:|
|Battery Included:||Battery Included|
|Battery Type:||Lithium ion|
Ratings & Reviews
Dozens of Jobs get Done with the Craftsman Cordless Multi Tool
Perfect for getting those finishing touches done on the site and at home, the Craftsman 17438 Nextec delivers clean cuts, smooth surfaces and a portability that moves as fast as you do. Whether you’re replacing tiles, snapping shims or polishing the perfect miter, this cordless multi delivers 12 volts of oscillating power that helps you get the job done fast and right.
Leave the cord in the truck and get the your trimming done without messing around. Featuring a rapid 30 minute charge time, six accessory attachments and a built-in dust collection system, this portable power house will always be ready to take on dozens of jobs whether you’re roughing in electrical outlets or trimming cabinet kicks. And featuring an ergonomic design that’s coated with a soft rubber grip, despite its rapid vibration, this tool is easy to hold in the palm of your hand. Toss one in your kit for jobs big and small, from electrical to plumbing to carpentry, this Craftsman Cordless Multi Tool won’t let you down.
- Full kit Includes: cordless multi-tool, 12 volt battery, 30-minute quick charger, accessory mount, 6 accessory attachments, owner's manual, carrying case
- The Craftsman Cordless Multi Tool’s work light shows you the details even in the dark
- Operates at 15000 Oscillations Per Minute
- Multi-tool design adapts easily to any task from rough to finish work
- Cordless design delivers portability and a reach that will help you tackle every job
- 30 minute charge time replenishes your battery rapidly to cut down on wait and increase work time
- Ergonomic design fit comfortably in your hand whether you’re sanding drywall overhead or notching base boards for hours of solid work
- The Craftsman 17438 Nextec’s soft grip helps you hold on tight
- Built-in dust collection keeps home, shop and site clean
- LED charge indicator lets you know equipment status fast
- Some assembly required
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on April 05, 2009
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Saint Albans, WV
I bought this 2-1/2 years ago when we were installing hardwood floors in our home. I really only used it to cut the bottom of door trim and door jams. It worked ok for that at first, but then the problems started: - The lugs on the battery on weak, and will wear down quickly. Then, the battery will constantly pop out. - The screw that holds the blade in strips out, and is impossible to keep tight. - The lugs that prevent the blade from turning are clumsy to use. - The diamond blade is a joke...it wouldn't even make a dent in my grout. If you purchase this, assume it will only be good for a few uses. After that, you will be incredibly frustrated..
I really enjoy the Nextec series. This multi-tool is no exception. No need to spend twice as much on another brand's multi-tool when Nextec is built on Craftsman quality.
Copperas Cove, TX
This 'multi' tool lives up to its name - it does quite a few jobs with a single kit. Many are infrequent needs, such as trimming door jambs or removing grout, but the sander fitting is one that can be handy often. Having this on hand means that when that special task comes along, you're ready to go and can use a tool that doesn't require a power cord complicating the job. If you have several Nextec tools, as I do, you'll have several batteries on hand, and will run out of ambition long before you run out of power. These tools hold up very well, as do the Lithium Ion batteries. Replacement fittings for the bits are a bit pricey, so keep an eye out for sales on the ones you use the most to get the best value.
Great for those tight cutting areas. Only complaints are that the battery becomes in locked during use and the batteries have poor durability. I have had to get replacement batteries after short amount of time. The battery would not recharge.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Remodeling kitchen and I use this tool almost every day. My daughter used my Nextec Multi Tool and loved it so much that I bought her one also.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Aug-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get $10 back in points when placing a tool order online for $99 and choosing free store pick up. Offer ends 23-Aug-2014 See details.