Specifications & Dimensions
|Chuck Size:||3/8 in.|
|Weight - Battery Installed (lbs):||2.2|
|Weight - Excluding Battery (lbs):||1.8|
|360 deg. Swivel Head:||No|
|Aux. Handle Type:||No|
|Chuck Key Type:||Keyless|
|Drill Chuck Quality:||Standard|
|Individual, Kit or Set:||Kit|
|Maximum Torque (in-lb):||195|
|Number of Speeds:||2|
|Included with Item:|
|Battery Included:||Battery Included|
|Belt Clip Included:||No|
|Bubble Level Included:||No|
|Charger Included:||Charger Included|
|Contents:||Drill, Battery and Charger|
|Number of Batteries Included:||1|
|General Warranty:||1 year parts/90 days labor|
|Battery Amp Hours (Ah):||1.3|
|Battery Type:||Lithium ion|
|Charge Time (Hrs.):||0.5|
|Number of Batteries Required:||1|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||Yes|
Ratings & Reviews
Improve and Enhance Your Work Performance and Productivity With the 12.0v Drill/Driver from Craftsman
The Craftsman 17586 NEXTEC Drill/Driver offers 195 in.-lbs. of torque with a dual speed of 0-1300 Hi and 0-400 Lo. With its powerful torque and dual speed feature, you can use this drill/driver for different applications ranging from driving screws into wood, plastic and metal to drilling. A 2-speed gearbox means that you can adjust the speed for drilling and driving operations.
This 12.0V Drill/Driver is equipped with an 18 position adjustable torque clutch so you can fine tune the settings for driving small screws as well as larger, heavier screws. It gives you more control while working and the motor lasts longer with a correctly adjusted clutch. One of the main advantages of the drill/driver is the 12 Volt lithium ion battery. This battery is lightweight, works well in cold conditions, has a long lifespan and charges in just 30 minutes. Powerful and user-friendly, this is an essential tool for your home or workshop.
- Work faster and better with the Craftsman 17586 NEXTEC Drill/Driver
- 195 in.-lbs. of torque is the best in its class, capable of driving screws through wood, metal and plastic
- 2-Speed Gearbox allows for a wider range of applications
- The 3/8-inch single sleeve keyless chuck is compatible with conventional 3/8-inch round and 1/4-inch hex bits
- 18 position adjustable torque clutch allows better control while working with different sizes of screws
- Integrated LED work light illuminates your work surface adequately
- Battery charges in 30 minutes and the charge indicator lets you know the charging status to help you plan your work schedule better
- Ergonomically designed handle makes it easy to use
- Kit includes Drill/Driver, Battery and Charger
- Color/Finish: Gray
- Chuck Size:3/8 in.
- Energy Star Qualified
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on October 21, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I charged the battery and drilled one 1/8" hole in a 2x4 and the drill just stopped. The led light was blinking but the drill would do nothing. I shook it and it started working again...until I tilted it to drill another hole. I managed to get 10 holes drilled and screwed in 10 screws. I put the battery back on the charger to top it off and the light on the charger was solid green meaning that the battery was fully charged. I can't exchange it because I got the last one the store had. Too bad. I was really excited to find this drill for $50.
Light weight, but does the work of the bigger drills that I've owned. Have used it for many projects and it still keeps going. The batteries last for hours, but I use a spare battery so when it does fade, I just plug in a new one. Had no problems with the chuck or with the power to drill with large bits. Perhaps not as good with the larger circular hole bits, but handles a larger spade bit without flagging. Like most Craftsman products it just keeps on doing the work you expect from it.
I bought the drill driver, the right angle impack driver and the impack drill driver, I hang a lot of kitchen cabnets and these little drills are light and can get into tight spots, and will pound a large screw right in with very little effort
Tawas City, MI
Saint Louis, MO
this drill is an excellent drill. we already owned one of these for my husband and we bought another so I could have my own. It is lightweight but very tough and strong. My husband has several drills and uses this drill for almost everything!
Was looking for a drill that was smaller than my 20v, after checking out the yellow and blue brands, I couldn't find a reason not to get this nextec drill. I live the versatility with the batteries working on so many tools
My husband wanted a small driver mainly for screws as he works on airplanes and has to remove and replace hundreds of screws in a day. When he opened this on Christmas, he said it was perfect! Hasn't used it much yet, but seems like a sturdy little thing! I got a good deal on it, too!
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 05-Apr-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.