Craftsman 17586 NEXTEC 12.0V Lithium-Ion Drill/Driver - NEW LOW PRICE! ENERGY STAR®Item# 00917586000 | Model# 17586
Specifications & Dimensions
|Chuck Size:||3/8 in.|
|Weight - Battery Installed (lbs):||2.2|
|Weight - Excluding Battery (lbs):||1.8|
|360 deg. Swivel Head:||No|
|Aux. Handle Type:||No|
|Chuck Key Type:||Keyless|
|Drill Chuck Quality:||Standard|
|Individual, Kit or Set:||Kit|
|Maximum Torque (in-lb):||195|
|Number of Speeds:||2|
|Included with Item:|
|Battery Included:||Battery Included|
|Belt Clip Included:||No|
|Bubble Level Included:||No|
|Charger Included:||Charger Included|
|Contents:||Drill, Battery and Charger|
|Number of Batteries Included:||1|
|General Warranty:||1 year parts/90 days labor|
|Battery Amp Hours (Ah):||1.3|
|Battery Type:||Lithium ion|
|Charge Time (Hrs.):||0.5|
|Number of Batteries Required:||1|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||Yes|
Ratings & Reviews
Improve and Enhance Your Work Performance and Productivity With the 12.0v Drill/Driver from Craftsman
The Craftsman 17586 NEXTEC Drill/Driver offers 195 in.-lbs. of torque with a dual speed of 0-1300 Hi and 0-400 Lo. With its powerful torque and dual speed feature, you can use this drill/driver for different applications ranging from driving screws into wood, plastic and metal to drilling. A 2-speed gearbox means that you can adjust the speed for drilling and driving operations.
This 12.0V Drill/Driver is equipped with an 18 position adjustable torque clutch so you can fine tune the settings for driving small screws as well as larger, heavier screws. It gives you more control while working and the motor lasts longer with a correctly adjusted clutch. One of the main advantages of the drill/driver is the 12 Volt lithium ion battery. This battery is lightweight, works well in cold conditions, has a long lifespan and charges in just 30 minutes. Powerful and user-friendly, this is an essential tool for your home or workshop.
- Work faster and better with the Craftsman 17586 NEXTEC Drill/Driver
- 195 in.-lbs. of torque is the best in its class, capable of driving screws through wood, metal and plastic
- 2-Speed Gearbox allows for a wider range of applications
- The 3/8-inch single sleeve keyless chuck is compatible with conventional 3/8-inch round and 1/4-inch hex bits
- 18 position adjustable torque clutch allows better control while working with different sizes of screws
- Integrated LED work light illuminates your work surface adequately
- Battery charges in 30 minutes and the charge indicator lets you know the charging status to help you plan your work schedule better
- Ergonomically designed handle makes it easy to use
- Kit includes Drill/Driver, Battery and Charger
- Color/Finish: Gray
- Chuck Size:3/8 in.
- Energy Star Qualified
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on October 21, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
The NexTec 17586 Drill/Driver Kit failed within a month of purchase.. To add to my frustration, Sears is also giving me a hard time about return or exchange. I would not recommend the tool or the store.
Mount Pleasant, MI
I just wanted a small handy drill for light jobs in the house. This drill fit the bill perfectly. Plus it shares the battery with other NexTec tools I have.
Saint Louis, MO
It is not always about the size but what you can do with the tool and this one outperforms anything I have seen this small. It has plenty of power and the 12.V battery lasts for days with occasional use.
Harker Heights, TX
This is the 2nd drill of this type I bought. The first one broke after a few uses but since I do like the small size of it I give it another try. We'll see how long it lasts this time.
I used for 1 week, I mean heavy duty use, this little driver is powerfull, no complaint at all. I charged the battery today just in case, but I belive could it handle another week withou charging. I am happy I upgraded my old driver, this is fun to use every day.
I had to return the first on that I purchased. The battery was fine for the first few days but then it would only last for about half an hour (it was actually the same model but had the quick boost charger, 25% in 3mins, maybe that was what caused the battery issue?). The second one that I currently have (I switched to the regular one without the quick boost option) has started to slip from Low to High when under torque. It is very frustrating since I now have to use one hand to hold the switch in low and the other hand to pull the trigger. I will be returning this one as well. Hopefully the third time will be the charm since I really do like the convenience of it due to its light weight and quick charging battery (about 30 mins for a full charge)!
Bought this drill to use around the house, instead of the bigger 19.2v drill. I do like it very much. It's lightweight, packs plenty of power and handles very well. I now use this drill on most projects around my house.
Sioux Falls, SD
Its a plastic piece of crud. The gears burn out after about the first use with moderate to light use(even when you take care of it) The gears burned out so horribly that I had to take it a part to get my drill bit out of it.
Great drill for doing little jobs. Charges fast. I have drilled holes in the floor to run some coax, went right thru no issues and also ran in dry wall screws no issues.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Family & Friends Event! Extra 10% off Select Tools Sold by Sears! Valid thru 12/10/2013 9am. Offer ends 09-Dec-2013 See details.