Specifications & Dimensions
|360 deg. Swivel Head:||Yes|
|Chuck Key Type:||Keyless|
|Individual, Kit or Set:||Kit|
|Maximum Torque (in-lb):||195|
|Number of Speeds:||2|
|Included with Item:|
|Battery Included:||Battery Included|
|Charger Included:||Charger Included|
|Number of Batteries Included:||1|
|General Warranty:||1 year parts/90 days labor|
|Battery Amp Hours (Ah):||1.3|
|Battery Type:||Lithium ion|
|Charge Time (Hrs.):||0.5|
|Number of Batteries Required:||1|
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Chuck Size:||3/8 in.|
Ratings & Reviews
Improve and Enhance Your Work Performance and Productivity With the 12.0v Drill/Driver from Craftsman
The Craftsman 17586 NEXTEC Drill/Driver offers 195 in.-lbs. of torque with a dual speed of 0-1300 Hi and 0-400 Lo. With its powerful torque and dual speed feature, you can use this drill/driver for different applications ranging from driving screws into wood, plastic and metal to drilling. A 2-speed gearbox means that you can adjust the speed for drilling and driving operations.
This 12.0V Drill/Driver is equipped with an 18 position adjustable torque clutch so you can fine tune the settings for driving small screws as well as larger, heavier screws. It gives you more control while working and the motor lasts longer with a correctly adjusted clutch. One of the main advantages of the drill/driver is the 12 Volt lithium ion battery. This battery is lightweight, works well in cold conditions, has a long lifespan and charges in just 30 minutes. Powerful and user-friendly, this is an essential tool for your home or workshop.
- Work faster and better with the Craftsman 17586 NEXTEC Drill/Driver
- 195 in.-lbs. of torque is the best in its class, capable of driving screws through wood, metal and plastic
- 2-Speed Gearbox allows for a wider range of applications
- The 3/8-inch single sleeve keyless chuck is compatible with conventional 3/8-inch round and 1/4-inch hex bits
- 18 position adjustable torque clutch allows better control while working with different sizes of screws
- Integrated LED work light illuminates your work surface adequately
- Battery charges in 30 minutes and the charge indicator lets you know the charging status to help you plan your work schedule better
- Ergonomically designed handle makes it easy to use
- Kit includes Drill/Driver, Battery and Charger
- Color/Finish: Gray
- Chuck Size:3/8 in.
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on October 21, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
The NexTec 17586 Drill/Driver Kit failed within a month of purchase.. To add to my frustration, Sears is also giving me a hard time about return or exchange. I would not recommend the tool or the store.
Las Cruces, NM
Eagle Lake, ME
I just bought this drill the other day as a birthday gift for myself. I just finished giving this drill a little test by inserting 4 inch deck screws into pressure treated lumber. It successfully drove 20 deck screws in and pulled the same 20 out without any problem. Based on this 20 screw test, I would have to say it could have easily probably drilled at least 100 or more on the same battery before having to recharge. While I realize this drill does not have the beafier torque that the larger drills have, at 195 inch pounds of torque, it has plenty of torque for the jobs that I will use it for around the house which include building a 12 x 12 shed this spring. So far, I own the drill and the right angle impact driver in the Nextec line and am quite pleased so far.
Kings Mountain, NC
San Antonio, TX
I used this drill to removed panels on aircraft at work. It worked fine for a while but the motor would heat up and the drill would stop. I'd wait 5 minutes and it would heat up and die again. I have since brought the drill home for DIY work and it serves it's purpose. For heavy/professional use I'd recommend Makita, Milwaukee, or Dewalt. Would only recommend for home improvement tasks.
- Qualifying Orders $59 + SHIP FREE Offer ends 10-Jul-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 10% off select tools Sold by Sears. Valid thru 5/25/13. Offer ends 25-May-2013 See details.