Specifications & Dimensions
|Chuck Size:||3/8 in.|
|Weight - Battery Installed (lbs):||2.2|
|Weight - Excluding Battery (lbs):||1.8|
|360 deg. Swivel Head:||No|
|Aux. Handle Type:||No|
|Chuck Key Type:||Keyless|
|Drill Chuck Quality:||Standard|
|Individual, Kit or Set:||Kit|
|Maximum Torque (in-lb):||195|
|Number of Speeds:||2|
|Included with Item:|
|Battery Included:||Battery Included|
|Belt Clip Included:||No|
|Bubble Level Included:||No|
|Charger Included:||Charger Included|
|Contents:||Drill, Battery and Charger|
|Number of Batteries Included:||1|
|General Warranty:||1 year parts/90 days labor|
|Battery Amp Hours (Ah):||1.3|
|Battery Type:||Lithium ion|
|Charge Time (Hrs.):||0.5|
|Number of Batteries Required:||1|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||Yes|
Ratings & Reviews
Improve and Enhance Your Work Performance and Productivity With the 12.0v Drill/Driver from Craftsman
The Craftsman 17586 NEXTEC Drill/Driver offers 195 in.-lbs. of torque with a dual speed of 0-1300 Hi and 0-400 Lo. With its powerful torque and dual speed feature, you can use this drill/driver for different applications ranging from driving screws into wood, plastic and metal to drilling. A 2-speed gearbox means that you can adjust the speed for drilling and driving operations.
This 12.0V Drill/Driver is equipped with an 18 position adjustable torque clutch so you can fine tune the settings for driving small screws as well as larger, heavier screws. It gives you more control while working and the motor lasts longer with a correctly adjusted clutch. One of the main advantages of the drill/driver is the 12 Volt lithium ion battery. This battery is lightweight, works well in cold conditions, has a long lifespan and charges in just 30 minutes. Powerful and user-friendly, this is an essential tool for your home or workshop.
- Work faster and better with the Craftsman 17586 NEXTEC Drill/Driver
- 195 in.-lbs. of torque is the best in its class, capable of driving screws through wood, metal and plastic
- 2-Speed Gearbox allows for a wider range of applications
- The 3/8-inch single sleeve keyless chuck is compatible with conventional 3/8-inch round and 1/4-inch hex bits
- 18 position adjustable torque clutch allows better control while working with different sizes of screws
- Integrated LED work light illuminates your work surface adequately
- Battery charges in 30 minutes and the charge indicator lets you know the charging status to help you plan your work schedule better
- Ergonomically designed handle makes it easy to use
- Kit includes Drill/Driver, Battery and Charger
- Color/Finish: Gray
- Chuck Size:3/8 in.
- Energy Star Qualified
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on October 21, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I charged the battery and drilled one 1/8" hole in a 2x4 and the drill just stopped. The led light was blinking but the drill would do nothing. I shook it and it started working again...until I tilted it to drill another hole. I managed to get 10 holes drilled and screwed in 10 screws. I put the battery back on the charger to top it off and the light on the charger was solid green meaning that the battery was fully charged. I can't exchange it because I got the last one the store had. Too bad. I was really excited to find this drill for $50.
I purchased this item for my elderly father for Father's Day who needed a lighter weight cordless drill...it was light weight, the battery was easy to charge however he did have trouble connecting it to the drill, and he was disappointed that he didn't come with any bits or that the drill had no place to store them on it.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
I purchased this drill in order to keep 2 drills for my jobs(mainly rental property work and fix-up of houses) one with the screwdriver tip the other with a drill bit. These drills are very good quality.my other I purchased this one because my other drill was probably taken by one of my workers. I have put in a 100 foot wood fence with the drills by rotating batteries between charging stations,I was able to always have a useable unit. I really like this drill as it is powerful and lightweight and the Li battery keeps a charge for several months..
Chula Vista, CA
Owings Mills, MD
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Aug-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get $10 back in points when placing a tool order online for $99 and choosing free store pick up. Offer ends 23-Aug-2014 See details.