Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Capacity cu. in.:||446|
|Width Range:||Less than 26 in.|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||1.38|
|Wheels or Casters:||No|
|Number of Handles:||0|
|Number of Drawer Banks:||0|
|Self Latching Drawers:||No|
|Widest Drawer Width (In.):||N/a - No drawers|
|Materials & Finish:|
Ratings & Reviews
On the Go with the Craftsman 17-inch Compact Truck Box
Whether you use a number of tools every day or you want to store tools in your car to keep your family safe in case of emergency, this Craftsman 17" compact truck box offers a great way to store tools safely and efficiently in your vehicle. Made of spill-resistant Permanex® plastic, the box boasts high-strength and corrosion-proof handle hinges and latches. Inside the toolbox, you can carry of number of tools, such as hammers, screwdrivers and heavy-duty socket sets, as well as emergency roadside equipment like flares. The cover hinge can also keep the lid open for easy tool access, and the rugged construction provides superior protection against harsh work environments.
Whether you need quick access to a few tools daily or want to keep your family safe in case of emergency, the Craftsman 17-inch compact truck box allows you to conveniently store tools inside a durable and extremely mobile toolbox.
- Craftsman 17" compact truck box stores tools safely and neatly
- Made from spill-resistant Permanex® plastic body
- Toolbox dimensions: 17"L x 7-1/2"W x 3-1/2"H
- Corrosion-proof handle hinge and latches
- Rugged construction
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
I got this tool box as a gift for my cousin and he loves it. It fits right in his trunk and holds all the smaller go to tools. The box it self is long but not too tall. I wouldn't go crazy with thinking it could hold all the tools.
Floral Park, NY
I've wanted one of these for a long time but never pulled the tringer fearing it was too small. Now, with a pick up truck and the only storage space being under the seat I can attest to the usefullness of this product. I bought both, the 17" and the 22" both on sale and they both serve their purpose. Hammer, long ratchet, magnetic pick up tool, pry bar etc.. in the large ones and screwdrivers and pliers in the small one.
Having first purchased these boxes, both the 17" and 20" around 30 years ago, even filled with wrenches and fairly heavy, they have outlasted many a portable metal toolbox in day to day useage; mainly because these don't rust. I just purchased two more 17" because they fit perfectly on each side and behind my truck seat and plastic, don't scratch anything, easily clean up, and having a flat top (handle folds down), they are low profile and take up little room. For the price, I cannot buy a decent storage bag as nice, that will last virtually forever, let alone as cheap for jumper cables, log chains, etc.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 29-Nov-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.