|Length (in.):||Drill Press: 17 ; Base: 18.11|
|Table Dimensions (LxW):||13-15/16 x 13-7/8|
|Width (in.):||Base: 13.78|
|Chuck Size:||5/8 in.|
|General Warranty:||1 Year|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||229.28|
|Number of Speeds:||12|
|Package Contents:||Fence, Tasklight, Hardware Pack, Assembly Instructions|
|Spindle Travel (in.):||4.72|
|Table Tilt (Right and Left):||Right 45 deg. - Left 45 deg.|
|Number of Handles:||3|
|Cord Length (ft.):||6|
|Cord Type:||16 gauge|
|Handling & Operating:|
|360 deg. Swivel Head:||Yes|
|Onboard Key Storage:||Yes|
|Table Material:||Cast iron|
|Chuck Capacity:||5/8 in.|
|Housing Material:||Cast Iron|
|Base Size (in.):||18.11 x 13.78|
|Column Diameter (in.):||3.62|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
Ratings & Reviews
17" Drill Press with Laser and LED Light Gives You Smooth Power
The Craftsman 17" drill press with laser and LED light has the speed you need, whether you're cutting metal, wood or plastic. That's 1 1/2 horsepower worth of speed at 240 to 3,020 rpm to keep everything neat, smooth and precise at depths of up to 4.72 inches.
The 17" drill press with laser and LED light gives you the flexibility to do it your way. Three handles with molded grips let you keep the drill press steady, even when you tilt the table up to 5 degrees to the right or 45 degrees to the left. Sturdy cast iron and steel construction gives it the durability to last for years, so whether you're on the job or in your garage you can count on sturdy, stable performance.
- The Craftsman 17" drill press with laser and LED light gives you the smooth turning and high torque you need for a range of metal and wood work at your job site or on your work bench
- The 1 1/2 horsepower induction motor turns the 5/8 in. chuck at 240 to 3,020 RPM, with 12 spindle speeds
- Operates at 120 volts
- Spindle travel 4.72 in.
- LED work light
- The table tilts up to 45 degrees to the left or 5 degrees to the right
- The square cast iron table is 13.78 in., sitting on an 18.11 in. by 11.02 in. base
- The unit is 66.04 in. high
- The heavy-duty cast iron base is 18.11 x 13.78 in.
- Use any of the three handles, all with molded grips
- The drill press comes with a tasklight, fence, rip fence, Allen wrenches and a 5/8 in. chuck key
- Weight: 216.05 lbs.
- One-year warranty
Added on November 11, 2012
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Laguna Niguel, CA
Admittedly, I do not have anything to compare it to, since this is the first drill press I've owned (actually my second, but only to replace another Craftsman dp that was delivered in a damaged condition). However, unlike another review, I've experienced no problems with the drill press. Keep in mind that virtually everything is made in China these days. I thought about getting a dp from another manufacturer, but in light of the previous sentence, as well as the fact that I've got a Sears several miles from me, the choice seemed obvious. You can spend a lot more on a dp, but you are still going to get something made in China.
Normally I don't do this, but the 1 review is so wrong I have to do so. First, 1.5 HP draws 10 - 14 amps single phase 115V (100% - 70% motor efficiency). Thus, this machine needs a dedicated circuit. I have a 20-A dedicated 115V circuit and had no issues. If you use an extension cord make sure it can handle 15 Amps. Second, for reasons that escape me the model number is NOT given by Sears anywhere on the purchase page and when I "chatted" with the expert was given an old number. The model number (required to get the pdf manual which I suggest you look at before buying) is 124.34986 and can be found at http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/lis_pdf/OWNM/1301300L.pdf Third, this only gets 4 stars since there is no ability to strap the motor for use at 220 two phase (like a dryer or my table saw) which makes life easier since it cuts the current draw in half. Further, there is no label on the motor so you can purchase a third party equivalent (or original) - I doubt Sears builds motors. BTW, this takes 2 men to unload and to put the drill head on the support. Make sure you have a buddy help you. It is not only the weight (which is a lot in my opinion) - it is the awkwardness (for the box which is long) and precision of location for the drill head on the cylindrical support column. I choose this over JET anf Grizzly based on value and being able to get a 5 year warranty for not much (a replacement motor is $325). Also if things did not line up (or were poor QC) Sears is only a few miles away for me.
Las Cruces, NM
This drill is junk. The first one cooked all the wiring when I plugged it in. The second one has to be hit to start the motor wont start unless I hit it. THE SEARS HOME SERVICES WILL NOT COME FIX IT !!!!! Save you your time and money you will git the same from **************.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 15% off select tools Sold by Sears. Offer ends 12-Dec-2013 See details.