Craftsman ½ HP Chain Drive Garage Door Opener with two Multi-Function Remotes and KeypadSears Exclusive. | Item# 00954985000 | Model# 54985
Specifications & Dimensions
|Door Opener Type:||Chain drive|
|Battery Backup Function:||No|
|Motor Power Type:||AC|
|Number of Lights:||2|
|Number of Remotes Included:||2|
|Safety Sensor Type:||Contact and non-contact|
|Has Emergency Release:||Yes|
|Open Door Monitor:||No|
|Safety Sensor Beam Technology:||Yes|
|Wall Control Type:||Premium|
|Rolling Code Protection:||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||No|
Ratings & Reviews
The Craftsman ½ HP Garage Door Opener is powerful enough to lift most residential garage doors up to 7’ high and is easy to install and maintain with a simple user interface and quick install rail system. With many safety, security, and convenience features built in, this chain drive opener will provide years of dependable performance.
The Craftsman ½ HP 54985 also offers convenient features such as a Tri-Frequency Radio System and Anti-Burglary Coding Technology providing convenient and secure operation of your garage door.
Convenience and Reliability
- Tri-Frequency Radio System with multiple frequency system virtually eliminates the effects of interference caused by products in and around the home, helping to make sure you can access the garage every time and from the greatest distance.
- Wireless keyless entry pad, allows entry into garage without a key or remote using a secure 4-digit programmable PIN.
- Quick Install Rail System provides faster and easier installation, assembles in 60 seconds.
- Simple user interface with Electronic Limits and Automatic Force Settings that automatically monitors, sets and adjusts the force required to open and close the garage door during temperature fluctuations.
- Energy Efficient sleep mode uses less than one (1) watt of power.
Safety and Security
- Protector System® safety reversing sensors with Rapid-Snap® brackets automatically reverses the door if anything interrupts the beam while the door is going down.
- Sensing technology will stop the door from closing if contact is made with a person or object.
- PosiLock® System theft protection securely locks door when it is down - preventing intruders from entering garage.
- Anti-burglary Coding Technology assures that a new code is sent every time the remote control is used.
- Monitor and control your garage door and home lighting from anywhere* with Assurelink™ Connectivity.
*Assurelink connectivity hub and internet connection required for app control (#54900 sold separately).
- Compatible with HomeLink® in-vehicle remote control system (may require an external adapter depending on the make, model, and year of your vehicle; visit www.homelink.com for additional information).
Included in the box:
- Power unit with two (2) Light Lenses
- Two (2) 3-function Security+ 2.0 Remotes
- One (1) Wireless Keyless Entry Pad
- Premium Multi-function Wall Console
- Safety Sensors
- Rail, Hardware, and Owner’s Manual
Professional installation available.
Extension kits to complete installation for up to 8’ high doors (9-53726) and 10’ high doors (9-53727) are available and sold separately.
2-year Limited Warranty
1-year Limited Accessories Warranty10-year Limited Motor Warranty
Added on June 07, 2014
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Bought this model because I wanted one to replace my old craftsman which had given out, It was probably 20 years old. I was able to use all the old hardware so cant comment on that, but installation of the safety eyes, the keypad, and the unit itself (onto existing perfect match brackets) was simple. The opener works perfectly and was easy to set. The dual lights are much better than my old single light model. Id rate it an excellent, but since I dont know it will perform for the duration, I cant give it a perfect rating. Ill update later perhaps.
Bought to replace a 14 year old craftsman unit . It is quieter but does not work with a car equipped homelink system unless you buy a repeater.The remote controls included only work with the equipment and are not compatible with other craftsman garage openers. I have (2) garage doors plus another at my parents and could program the 3 bottoms with no problems in older remotes. Installation was made by Sears on time and with no issues.
Very happy with unit. Follow instructions carefully.Laying parts out on a table make it easier on your back. Much nicer than the old Craftsman I had.
Washoe Valley, NV
I purchased this product not even 5 months ago. I went on a trip over seas and my wife called and said the door was not working so when I got home and stared to look at it there seems that nothing was wrong but it would not go all the way down and sometimes not all the way up. After looking at the blinking code that it puts out it tells me the door is jamming so I un hooked the door and still had the problem. the door was fine so the book tells me to replace the travel module which is not so easy to do and I have not asked how much the part is just yet but only 5 months so I called sears and they said they will send out a repair guy but would have to pay. WTH it only cost 150.00 dollars how much is the repair man. Sears used to be good at this but not any more shop some where else and stay away from this product.
it was fairly easy to install the up and down settings were very easy to adjust.the quality of the sound was fairly quiet and smooth.i also would recommend that you make sure that your garage door is lubricated.put oil on all moving parts and you will be good to go.
Replaced a 17 year old Craftsmen because the transmitter section of the circuit card stopped working. It would have cost about $85 to replace the board myself. Since the new unit was on sale for $150 and came with an outside wireless wall remote it was a no brain er. The installation & set-up was a piece of cake. Now I have all the spare parts I need except the board since the drive system is the same.
Had a craftsman opener before, so I was able to use all the previous mounting hardware. I am a woman so this was great. Works like the old one which was installed before we moved in 10 years ago. We use our garage door like a back door, so it is very active. Operates very smooth and quiet compared to the one we took down.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Craftsman Club Members get Extra $10 back in points. Sold By Sears. Offer ends 4/25/2015. Offer ends 25-Apr-2015 See details.
- Plus, members get $10 back in points with this Craftsman Garage Door Opener, sold by Sears. Offer ends 25-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.