Craftsman ½ HP Chain Drive Garage Door Opener with two Multi-Function Remotes and KeypadSears Exclusive. | Item# 00954985000 | Model# 54985
Specifications & Dimensions
|Door Opener Type:||Chain drive|
|Battery Backup Function:||No|
|Motor Power Type:||AC|
|Number of Lights:||2|
|Number of Remotes Included:||2|
|Safety Sensor Type:||Contact and non-contact|
|Has Emergency Release:||Yes|
|Open Door Monitor:||No|
|Safety Sensor Beam Technology:||Yes|
|Wall Control Type:||Premium|
|Rolling Code Protection:||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||No|
Ratings & Reviews
The NEW Craftsman ½ HP Garage Door Opener is powerful enough to lift most residential garage doors up to 7’ high and is easy to install and maintain with a simple user interface and quick install rail system. With many safety, security, and convenience features built in, this chain drive opener will provide years of dependable performance.
The Craftsman ½ HP 54985 also offers convenient features such as a Tri-Frequency Radio System and Anti-Burglary Coding Technology providing convenient and secure operation of your garage door.
Convenience and Reliability
- Tri-Frequency Radio System with multiple frequency system virtually eliminates the effects of interference caused by products in and around the home, helping to make sure you can access the garage every time and from the greatest distance.
- Wireless keyless entry pad, allows entry into garage without a key or remote using a secure 4-digit programmable PIN.
- Quick Install Rail System provides faster and easier installation, assembles in 60 seconds.
- Simple user interface with Electronic Limits and Automatic Force Settings that automatically monitors, sets and adjusts the force required to open and close the garage door during temperature fluctuations.
- Energy Efficient sleep mode uses less than one (1) watt of power.
Safety and Security
- Protector System® safety reversing sensors with Rapid-Snap® brackets automatically reverses the door if anything interrupts the beam while the door is going down.
- Sensing technology will stop the door from closing if contact is made with a person or object.
- PosiLock® System theft protection securely locks door when it is down - preventing intruders from entering garage.
- Anti-burglary Coding Technology assures that a new code is sent every time the remote control is used.
- Monitor and control your garage door and home lighting from anywhere* with Assurelink™ Connectivity.
*Assurelink connectivity hub and internet connection required for app control (#54900 sold separately).
- Compatible with HomeLink® in-vehicle remote control system (may require an external adapter depending on the make, model, and year of your vehicle; visit www.homelink.com for additional information).
Included in the box:
- Power unit with two (2) Light Lenses
- Two (2) 3-function Security+ 2.0 Remotes
- One (1) Wireless Keyless Entry Pad
- Premium Multi-function Wall Console
- Safety Sensors
- Rail, Hardware, and Owner’s Manual
Professional installation available.
Extension kits to complete installation for up to 8’ high doors (9-53726) and 10’ high doors (9-53727) are available and sold separately.
2-year Limited Warranty
1-year Limited Accessories Warranty10-year Limited Motor Warranty
Added on June 07, 2014
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Shrub Oak, NY
Jefferson City, MO
San Diego, CA
Units worked great, until I replaced the light bulbs with new LED type bulbs, they interfered with the remote single and would not let it close with the remote outside the garage.
Its easy to install and wire up its pretty quiet to be chain driven Instructions are a little vauge if you dont no anything about this type of install but I am a mechanic and installed in a lil over 3 hours it would have been faster if my garage was equipped with one before but I started from scratch
I called a garage repair company for something that I thought was a totally different issue. When he got there he checked things out and told me that it was the opener that was the problem. I certainly was not expecting to hear this and not prepared to buy another one. He suggested I get this craftsman because it was a good product and not that expensive. I took a couple of days to look into and decided to get it. He came back out and installed it in no time. Its a very good buy for the cost. Very quite and even came with the multi function remotes and keypad which was a plus. So far its worked out perfectly. I would definitely recommend it.
Fort Wayne, IN
Our garage door opener (also a Craftsman) finally gave out. We used it for 22 years and don't know how long it was in the garage before that. So, we replaced it with this model. My boyfriend installed it and he said there were no surprises....everything went as planned. The door is working perfectly so we have no complaints at all. Also, we love the outside keypad. Perfect when we take a bike ride and come home. Now we can be lazy and not walk all the way around the garage to open the door. :) Works like a charm! We love Craftsman! And, we were amazed at the fast shipping. It arrived one day after we ordered it on-line. Amazing!
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get 15% off Craftsman or DieHard work boots with online tool purchase. Offer ends 07-Mar-2015 See details.