Craftsman ½ HP Chain Drive Garage Door Opener with two Multi-Function Remotes and KeypadSears Exclusive. | Item# 00954985000 | Model# 54985
Specifications & Dimensions
|Door Opener Type:||Chain drive|
|Battery Backup Function:||No|
|Motor Power Type:||AC|
|Number of Lights:||2|
|Number of Remotes Included:||2|
|Safety Sensor Type:||Contact and non-contact|
|Has Emergency Release:||Yes|
|Open Door Monitor:||No|
|Safety Sensor Beam Technology:||Yes|
|Wall Control Type:||Premium|
|Rolling Code Protection:||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||No|
Ratings & Reviews
The NEW Craftsman ½ HP Garage Door Opener is powerful enough to lift most residential garage doors up to 7’ high and is easy to install and maintain with a simple user interface and quick install rail system. With many safety, security, and convenience features built in, this chain drive opener will provide years of dependable performance.
The Craftsman ½ HP 54985 also offers convenient features such as a Tri-Frequency Radio System and Anti-Burglary Coding Technology providing convenient and secure operation of your garage door.
Convenience and Reliability
- Tri-Frequency Radio System with multiple frequency system virtually eliminates the effects of interference caused by products in and around the home, helping to make sure you can access the garage every time and from the greatest distance.
- Wireless keyless entry pad, allows entry into garage without a key or remote using a secure 4-digit programmable PIN.
- Quick Install Rail System provides faster and easier installation, assembles in 60 seconds.
- Simple user interface with Electronic Limits and Automatic Force Settings that automatically monitors, sets and adjusts the force required to open and close the garage door during temperature fluctuations.
- Energy Efficient sleep mode uses less than one (1) watt of power.
Safety and Security
- Protector System® safety reversing sensors with Rapid-Snap® brackets automatically reverses the door if anything interrupts the beam while the door is going down.
- Sensing technology will stop the door from closing if contact is made with a person or object.
- PosiLock® System theft protection securely locks door when it is down - preventing intruders from entering garage.
- Anti-burglary Coding Technology assures that a new code is sent every time the remote control is used.
- Monitor and control your garage door and home lighting from anywhere* with Assurelink™ Connectivity.
*Assurelink connectivity hub and internet connection required for app control (#54900 sold separately).
- Compatible with HomeLink® in-vehicle remote control system (may require an external adapter depending on the make, model, and year of your vehicle; visit www.homelink.com for additional information).
Included in the box:
- Power unit with two (2) Light Lenses
- Two (2) 3-function Security+ 2.0 Remotes
- One (1) Wireless Keyless Entry Pad
- Premium Multi-function Wall Console
- Safety Sensors
- Rail, Hardware, and Owner’s Manual
Professional installation available.
Extension kits to complete installation for up to 8’ high doors (9-53726) and 10’ high doors (9-53727) are available and sold separately.
2-year Limited Warranty
1-year Limited Accessories Warranty10-year Limited Motor Warranty
Added on June 07, 2014
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
We bought this to replace our 12 year old opener that snapped the chain drive. It is identical to the previous opener, so we could use the preinstalled harness. Did need to replace all the remotes, but the sensors remained. Took about an hour. Easy, easy, easy. For this price, I would buy a new one every 10 years if needed.
O Fallon, IL
I purchased two Craftsman ? HP 54985 Garage Door Openers. I installed both myself at 4 hours a piece. These chain drive openers were quieter than the Overhead Door units I replaced. The installation directions were easy to follow. I found the key parts were made of metal rather than the plastic pieces used by Overhead Door. My only heartburn entails Craftsman (along with several other door opener companies) refuse to work with auto manufactures who produce Homelink and Car2care in-vehicle transmitters. As a result, my Cadillac Escalade and GMC Denali universal transmitters...aren't. The Craftsman remote transmitters work well, but after paying money for a nice vehicle, I'm dismayed that I must now clip a Craftsman transmitter to my vehicle visor...next to my unsupported in-vehicle transmitter. Owners can overcome the shortfall, but it requires an additional $40 repeater unit which mounts to the new opener.
I love this opener. I Have one controller in my purse and one on my car visor. Living in a apartment means the garage is detached so this works perfectly! Its quiet and runs smooth!
This unit was purchased to replace an older version, which had served us well for 10 years. Our old unit had fried its circuit boards, thought about just replacing them. Turned out I was better off ordering a new opener. To my surprize it retrofit the track and rails already installed. All I had to do was replace the unit, wall mount switch, and remote combolock unit. Programming was pretty easy. Unit has been up and running for 2 weeks, with no problems or glitches. This was my first install of a garage door opener, I followed the directions, but I also watched a couple videos on youtube. Both were very useful.
This review is for model 54985 which is "new for 2014". My old 1998 1/2HP Craftsman chain drive garage door opener started to misbehave. Specifically the wireless remote controls would work only intermittently. Searching the internet I found that the most likely cause was a bad control board and a new one would have cost $60 from **** but it seemed better to pay a bit more and replace the whole assembly. What I really liked about this unit was that it was a direct drop-in for my old unit. I did not have to find new ways to mount it or even fit the new chain... the drive unit just bolted into the same place as the old one and everything fitted perfectly. The are some really nice improvements over the old one too. I now can use the Homelink transmitter in my new Subaru Outback rear-view mirror. The light is a lot brighter now with two bulbs and I can switch the light on/off from the wall switch. I can program remote controls from the wall switch. Also, what is a slick feature is the ability to easily program the drive unit for the exact position of the garage door in both open and closed positions. The included keypad is really nice too. It's wireless and you can program a temporary PIN number with a lifetime in ether hours or number of uses. I'm writing this review because I thought I was just just replacing an old failing opener with something similar, but instead I a got a lot more which was a nice surprise. Kudos to the designers of this for adding some great features, and kudos to Sears for bundling everything needed into a very competitively priced package.
We bought this for my mother's garage. Three of us installed it in just a few hours with almost no difficulty. operates very well. Very happy with purchase
Greenwood Springs, MS
I purchased this opener to replace an older Craftsman model. (4 years old -circuit board went out) It bolted right up to the same track, and was easier to adjust the travel than the older model. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is it will not program to my Homelink receiver in my Nissan. I will have to purchase a repeater from Homelink to get this to work.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.