Craftsman ¾ HP Chain Drive Garage Door Opener with two Multi-Function Remotes, Keypad, and Motion Detecting Wall ControlItem# 00954990000 | Model# 54990
Specifications & Dimensions
|Door Opener Type:||Chain drive|
|Battery Backup Function:||No|
|Motor Power Type:||AC|
|Number of Lights:||2|
|Number of Remotes Included:||2|
|Safety Sensor Type:||Contact and non-contact|
|Has Emergency Release:||Yes|
|Safety Sensor Beam Technology:||Yes|
|Wall Control Type:||Motion detecting wall control|
|Rolling Code Protection:||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||No|
Ratings & Reviews
The NEW Craftsman ¾ HP Garage Door Opener has 50% more power and is 25% faster than ½ HP Craftsman models. Easy to install and maintain with a simple user interface and quick install rail system, this model also has many safety, security, and convenience features built in. If you use your garage door often this powerful ¾ HP chain drive opener is ideal for frequent use.
The Craftsman ¾ HP 54990 also features a Motor Vibration Isolation System (MVIS®) for quiet operation and convenient features such as a Tri-Frequency Radio System and Anti-Burglary Coding Technology providing convenient and secure operation of your garage door.
Convenience and Reliability
- Tri-Frequency Radio System with multiple frequency system virtually eliminates the effects of interference caused by products in and around the home, helping to make sure you can access the garage every time and from the greatest distance.
- Wireless keyless entry pad, allows entry into garage without a key or remote using a secure 4-digit programmable PIN.
- Timer-to-Close feature can automatically close the door after a set period of time.
- Program remotes and keypads from the wall control, no need to get on a ladder to access the “learn” button.
- Quick Install Rail System provides faster and easier installation, assembles in 60 seconds.
- Simple user interface with Electronic Limits and Automatic Force Settings that automatically monitors, sets and adjusts the force required to open and close the garage door during temperature fluctuations.
- Energy Efficient sleep mode uses less than one (1) watt of power.
Safety and Security
- Motion Detecting Wall Control turns opener lights on in the garage when motion is sensed.
- Protector System® safety reversing sensors with Rapid-Snap® brackets automatically reverses the door if anything interrupts the beam while the door is going down.
- Sensing technology will stop the door from closing if contact is made with a person or object.
- PosiLock® System theft protection securely locks door when it is down - preventing intruders from entering garage.
- Anti-burglary Coding Technology assures that a new code is sent every time the remote control is used.
- Monitor and control your garage door and home lighting from anywhere* with Assurelink™ Connectivity.
*Assurelink connectivity hub and internet connection required for app control (#54900 sold separately).
- Compatible with HomeLink® in-vehicle remote control system (may require an external adapter depending on the make, model, and year of your vehicle; visit www.homelink.com for additional information).
Included in the box:
- Power unit with two (2) Light Lenses
- Two (2) 3-function Security+ 2.0 Remotes
- One (1) Wireless Keyless Entry Pad
- Motion Detecting Multi-function Wall Console
- Safety Sensors
- Rail, Hardware, and Owner’s Manual
Professional installation available
Extension kits to complete installation for up to 8’ high doors (9-53726) and 10’ high doors (9-53727) are available and sold separately.
3-year Limited Warranty
1-year Limited Accessories Warranty
Lifetime Limited Motor Warranty
Added on June 07, 2014
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Our old garage door opener during the sub zero winter month would stall and go back up. We had to stand outside and push the button to stop it to go back down back and forth till it would eventually close. This NEW Craftsman I ordered online is such a RELEIF!!! We push the remote from the truck and it is down with in 7 seconds if not sooner!!! We also purchased the ASSURED LINK with the opener. It is AMAZING! We can open the garage door from inside the house or off the cell phone App!!! SO far it has been working beyond expectations!! If there are any problems I will re-post but keeping my fingers crossed!!! Thank you Craftsman!!
Well, I purchased this unit 8-14-2014, and today is 1-28-14, and it is no longer working. The unit will open and close for a while and then it will stop working. Apparently I need to put a new "RPM Sensor". I can not type what I have to say about this.... I bet is made in china. I would not recommend this to a friend, and I will never purchase a Garage door opener from Sears.
Very disappointed!!! Bought this opener a year ago and door stops when going up, even if door is disconnected. Called for help and after being transferred 4 times, was told I had to go online for tech help. Then was told I was out of warranty and would not give tech help. Having bought 4 openers from Sears and all of them having the sprocktet break off and now this!! Will find a different brand to replace this
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Operates fine and smooth. Had to add a "Homelink repeater" separately purchsed from Chamberlin-Homelink for my older vehicles' built in openers to operate the door, but they also work fine
West Hempstead, NY
This 3/4" HP garage door opener is the real deal. It is much more powerful than my old one and lifts a double size door pretty fast. So far i think it's great.
I like my Sears garage door opener. I replaced my current opener and this new one worked nicely with my existing installation. I appreciated the easy installation and operation. Thanks Sears!
Installed this about month ago as a replacement for a Liftmaster - so far so good. Much quieter than a chain drive; didn't realize how nice the motion detection light would be when entering the garage from the house (no more fumbling for the wall switch). Battery back up should be nice during power outage (but that hasn't happened yet).
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Diamond accent Heart Earrings for $29.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get 15% off Craftsman or DieHard work boots with online tool purchase. Offer ends 07-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.