Craftsman ¾ HP Chain Drive Garage Door Opener with two Multi-Function Remotes, Keypad, and Motion Detecting Wall ControlItem# 00954990000 | Model# 54990
Specifications & Dimensions
|Door Opener Type:||Chain drive|
|Battery Backup Function:||No|
|Motor Power Type:||AC|
|Number of Lights:||2|
|Number of Remotes Included:||2|
|Safety Sensor Type:||Contact and non-contact|
|Has Emergency Release:||Yes|
|Safety Sensor Beam Technology:||Yes|
|Wall Control Type:||Motion detecting wall control|
|Rolling Code Protection:||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||No|
Ratings & Reviews
The NEW Craftsman ¾ HP Garage Door Opener has 50% more power and is 25% faster than ½ HP Craftsman models. Easy to install and maintain with a simple user interface and quick install rail system, this model also has many safety, security, and convenience features built in. If you use your garage door often this powerful ¾ HP chain drive opener is ideal for frequent use.
The Craftsman ¾ HP 54990 also features a Motor Vibration Isolation System (MVIS®) for quiet operation and convenient features such as a Tri-Frequency Radio System and Anti-Burglary Coding Technology providing convenient and secure operation of your garage door.
Convenience and Reliability
- Tri-Frequency Radio System with multiple frequency system virtually eliminates the effects of interference caused by products in and around the home, helping to make sure you can access the garage every time and from the greatest distance.
- Wireless keyless entry pad, allows entry into garage without a key or remote using a secure 4-digit programmable PIN.
- Timer-to-Close feature can automatically close the door after a set period of time.
- Program remotes and keypads from the wall control, no need to get on a ladder to access the “learn” button.
- Quick Install Rail System provides faster and easier installation, assembles in 60 seconds.
- Simple user interface with Electronic Limits and Automatic Force Settings that automatically monitors, sets and adjusts the force required to open and close the garage door during temperature fluctuations.
- Energy Efficient sleep mode uses less than one (1) watt of power.
Safety and Security
- Motion Detecting Wall Control turns opener lights on in the garage when motion is sensed.
- Protector System® safety reversing sensors with Rapid-Snap® brackets automatically reverses the door if anything interrupts the beam while the door is going down.
- Sensing technology will stop the door from closing if contact is made with a person or object.
- PosiLock® System theft protection securely locks door when it is down - preventing intruders from entering garage.
- Anti-burglary Coding Technology assures that a new code is sent every time the remote control is used.
- Monitor and control your garage door and home lighting from anywhere* with Assurelink™ Connectivity.
*Assurelink connectivity hub and internet connection required for app control (#54900 sold separately).
- Compatible with HomeLink® in-vehicle remote control system (may require an external adapter depending on the make, model, and year of your vehicle; visit www.homelink.com for additional information).
Included in the box:
- Power unit with two (2) Light Lenses
- Two (2) 3-function Security+ 2.0 Remotes
- One (1) Wireless Keyless Entry Pad
- Motion Detecting Multi-function Wall Console
- Safety Sensors
- Rail, Hardware, and Owner’s Manual
Professional installation available
Extension kits to complete installation for up to 8’ high doors (9-53726) and 10’ high doors (9-53727) are available and sold separately.
3-year Limited Warranty
1-year Limited Accessories Warranty
Lifetime Limited Motor Warranty
Added on June 07, 2014
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I like my Sears garage door opener. I replaced my current opener and this new one worked nicely with my existing installation. I appreciated the easy installation and operation. Thanks Sears!
Installed this about month ago as a replacement for a Liftmaster - so far so good. Much quieter than a chain drive; didn't realize how nice the motion detection light would be when entering the garage from the house (no more fumbling for the wall switch). Battery back up should be nice during power outage (but that hasn't happened yet).
module is defective installed it worked for 1 day. What a joke. Have to wait 2 weeks for a tech to come look at it! not fix it look at it. Read other reviews that the modules go out on craftsman garage door openers.. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME BUYING FROM SEARS . I read these there reviews and said it will not happen to me BOOOO it did
the assurelink will not work on most cars built before 2013 .....what idiot makes a unit that will not work on almost 90 percent of the cars out on the road with the homelink system...............
I just installed this Craftsman 3/4hp chain drive garage door opener. I love everything about it. It is very smooth and quiet for a chain drive. It has MVIS "Motor vibration isolation system" to ensure quiet operation. it also opens faster than a 1/2hp opener. I like the Timer to close on the wall button. You can set it for 1 5 or 10min. When the time is up the opener begins to beep and flash it's lights to warn anyone in the garage that the door is fixing to close, then it closes the door for you. I highly recommend this unit to anyone. Very smooth, quiet, fast, and has the Craftsman name. If you want a quiet opener but don't want to go to the belt drive, this opener will satisfy you. Sure it's not as quiet as a belt drive, but it's pretty close.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
When we purchased our home in 1996 it had two new Craftsmen garage door openers. Till now my wife has used hers nearly everyday, at least twice a day, usually more and this unit worked flawlessly. I could have gotten repair parts but decided that this had worked hard enough in its lifetime and should be retired. The new one is stronger with really nice features like motion sensing for turning on the light, safety sensors for obstacles in the way of the door, timed close, and many more. The installation was a breeze, very complete instructions, and once everything was hooked up and the travel limits adjusted has worked beautifully. The travel adjusts were the most fantastic and easy to set. Just raise the door till you what it to stop, enter, lower it till it stops, enter, done! This unit came with remotes already programmed so it was almost to easy to complete the operations. They hit a home run with this series of openers and I could not be happier!
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.